Yukky numbers

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue484, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/pmps-15-and-still-going-down.143396/

Frankie has had to have been having 18 hour injections rather than 12 due to low preshots. Today is his fourth day. I have also been reducing the dose. If he is to carry on the 18 hour cycle, his shot is due in 2 hours. What dose should I give or should I skip another dose? He doesn't usually react well to back to back reductions but it seems I have no choice.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I would try to find a dose that you can shoot every 12 hours. Your spreadsheet is a little hard to read with all the +18 shots. Let's see what others have to say, but I'm thinking maybe just let the depot drain, and start over at your normal shot time tonight with a slightly reduced dose of 4.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I might be inclined to try the 4.0u dose. You can always increase if the reduction doesn't hold.

4. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Would you shoot at +18 hours or leave until normal pm shot time?

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like you waited until normal PS time. Paws crossed this new dose lets you shoot every 12 hours.

6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I agree that returning to a 12 hour schedule should be best. I'm glad you're trying it, and the reduced dose. I hope it works out well for Frankie!

7. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I agree - I'd try the 4.0u and see if you can get him shot every 12 hours.

8. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Bleugh!! Not nice numbers on 4 units twice a day. I' m hoping it's a bounce. What do you think?

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The 18 hour cycles and skips are messing with his depot. Give the 4.0 dose 6 cycles, then re-evaluate it. Time to find those patience pants from the back of the closet!

10. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

I hate those patience pants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.