01/02 Moe: amps=78;+4=67;+6=77; +8=63; +10=66; PMPS=85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erin and Moe (GA), Jan 2, 2021.

1. Erin and Moe (GA)

Erin and Moe (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...sible-cause-for-leg-pain-pmps-79-2-75.240825/

Good morning. Moe’s amps is 78 today, second dose in a row at 2.5 units. Vet wants me to do a curve with the AlphaTrak meter so I’m double testing today. So his amps on the Relion 78 equals 115 on the AT (exactly where she wants him to be- yay).

His foot is still bothering him and making it hard to walk, but he was able to sit and eat a quarter can of Friskies without a break, so that’s better than yesterday.

Also, last night’s attempt at giving the liquid gabapentin was an abject failure. When I finally got most of it into his mouth, he started foaming and drooling, so I think that’s the last time I’m doing that. I’ll have to see if we can get capsules instead.

I hope everyone has a good day and kitties are well.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    JOJI and Kit likes this.
  2. Erin and Moe (GA)

67 at +4 (104 on the AT)

3. Erin and Moe (GA)

77 at+5 (109 on AT)

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Moe's SS looks amazing!!

Glad he's getting vetty approved numbers on the AT

Erin and Moe (GA) likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing today. Glad Moe was able to eat without his food bothering him too much. Sending prayers for his foot. :bighug:

6. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

sending healing thoughts for the moe toe. :bighug:
    glad he was able to eat.

7. Erin and Moe (GA)

63 at +8 (87 on AT)

8. Erin and Moe (GA)

66 at +10 (99 on AT)

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to hear that poor little foot is improving.

I gave gabapentin in pills, you might want to also see if it can be compounded into chew treats. I have one I have to give daily and it's really easy to do as a treat.

10. Erin and Moe (GA)

@Wendy&Neko I tried mixing the liquid with some TikiStix treat (very liquid stuff in a tube). He took a couple of licks, gave me the most withering look, and walked away. And now he’ll probably never eat that treat again. :rolleyes:

I’ll be updating the vet by email tonight when I send her Moe’s curve numbers and ask about other options for the gaba. I’ve been prodding his other feet and it looks like he’s got some pain in the front left toes as well. Not sure what that is all about....maybe a hard landing when jumping off a bed or table? He’s visibly uncomfortable when he walks. Need to get a better video and send it along with the curve.

11. Erin and Moe (GA)

PMPS is 85 (120 on AT). He had a snack at +10, so he’s up a little higher than usual at preshot.

12. Erin and Moe (GA)