? 01/21 - MISSY AMPS 273, +2 257, +3 199, +5 109, +5.75 95, +7 111, +10 325 PMPS 343, +2 383, +4 343

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Missy & Tammy, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Rather than +1, can you get a +2 or even a +3?

A +1 is not necessary when she starts so high.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  3. Missy & Tammy

Ok good idea. I will get a +2. Usually if she drops it’s around +1.75.

I will keep you posted :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Missy & Tammy

Oh no... I just caught Missy on the counter eating the rest of the 19% carb food I feed my other cat with kidney issues :nailbiting::(:mad:

What a brat.... she never goes on the counter like that and I’m always so careful.
    Guess we’ll see what this does :(

Anything I can do?

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Ask her if she enjoyed it? Seriously there’s nothing to do. Is she more hungry than usual? One 19% won’t do anything except maybe knock her bg up a bit. Sometimes it’s a sign her bg is dropping. Get a +3 as Bhooma suggested and see if it had ant effect. And DON’T beat yourself up. Mornings must be hectic getting your son off to school and dealing with Missy is a lot. Also, the fact she jumped up on the counter may be a sign she’s feeling better.

Butters & Lyla and thebigfuzz like this.
  6. Missy & Tammy

Ok thank you... I feel better now. I will keep a watch on her and let you know where she is at. :)

tiffmaxee likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

8. Missy & Tammy

Missy did enjoy her "cheat morning" when she jumped up onto counter and helped herself to some high carb 19% food:eek:. I'm thinking she got approx 1-2 tablespoons. I have some readings now to see what this did to her. I was half anticipating her to dip low today between +1 and +2 but that seems to not have happened.

AMPS 273
    +2 257
    +3 199

Any suggestions how often I should be testing her today? :)

9. Bandit's Mom

When did she get into the HC food? Those are pretty decent numbers after getting into contraband. I'd check two or three hours after her HC to see how her numbers are after the carbs wear out. If the +3 was that number then nothing to worry. Maybe get one more test around +6.

10. Missy & Tammy

Contraband :joyful: was consumed almost at +1. So I was a little surprised too. But then I was also wondering if it stopped her from diving because she does that like she did the other day. So maybe without it she could be having a blue/green day.
    I will see how she is and continue to post when I test. :):bighug:

11. Missy & Tammy

Missy has now dropped to 109 from 199 in just one hour. I have given her 1/2 can of FF pate beef LC to avoid any bigger drops and keep her stable.

I hope this is ok with I did. I wasn't 100% sure but I decided t do this because I didn't know how long I may have to wait for a response.

If I need to follow with any MC food please let me know.

I will continue to monitor her.

Thanks for helping! :)

12. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Welcome to the beach Missy :cool:

You are pretty close to nadir now, and I think the LC should be ok, if you want to grab a test at +6, you’ll know if that was enough or if you need a little MC.

Glad Missy enjoyed the contraband :p Cosmo gets really hungry before a drop too, though he is truly unable to get into the counter :rolleyes:

13. Missy & Tammy

Sounds good. I will watch her and give a little MC if necessary to keep her stable. I just wanted to check to make sure I’m doing the right thing.
    ♥️:):bighug:

14. Missy & Tammy

In 45 min even after the LC food she still dropped to now 95. I gave her 2 tbs of MC gravy FF Gravy. Hopefully this will keep her level.
    I will probably test in 30-45 min.

If I should be doing anything else please let me know. Her NADIR is typically +6 but I have seen her NADIR at late as +9 too.

Thanks for your advice. :)

15. tiffmaxee

Yay for an under 100! The contraband didn’t effect her at all.

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Normally we'd suggest at little LC (not MC) when they first hit green, unless she's dropping a lot. Which she doesn't seem to be. Greens are good. :D

17. Missy & Tammy

Good evening...
    Bouncing around again today.... having a high evening so far at +10 325 and PMPS 343.

This must be exhausting for her :(

I am thinking she will most likely have a higher night... what is recommended for testing times?
    Thanks for all your advice :)

18. tiffmaxee

Frustrating for sure but you get to sleep. I’d get a +2 and unless a lot lower than the PMPS probably stop testing. If it’s the same get one more test before bed. I suspect she will continue bouncing.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  19. Missy & Tammy

Hi again,
    Well it doesn't look like she's going to be going low anytime soon tonight. So I will get some sleep. I hope she will have a good day tomorrow.
    In the later afternoon at +7 I have to take her for an abdominal ultrasound. We just want to be sure her pancreas is ok. I'm thankful she doesn't have to stay at the vet all day. I take her for 3pm and wait for her for approx. 1 hour. I'm hoping her numbers will be stable tomorrow. I will go prepared with my tester and some food just in case.

If anything unusual shows up tonight I will post...otherwise I will probably call it a night and check in again in the morning. Thank you everyone for your advice today. :):bighug::):bighug:

20. Bandit's Mom

Definitely can take a break from testing for the night! Good night! :)

Good luck with the ultrasound tomorrow!

21. Missy & Tammy

Thanks Bhooma... I’ll let you know how it goes. I hope you have a great day. :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.