? 01/22 MISSY +8.5 316, AMPS 246, +2 162, +3 115, +4 97, +5.5 106, +7 126, PMPS 392

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Missy & Tammy, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone!

Any guesses what I may see with Missy today? At +8.5 last night she was 316 (3:30am). Now at AMPS she is 246. So in 3.5 hours she's dropped from 316 to 246. It's cycles like this that her NADIR is not consistent and I get confused and can't figure out what is going on. o_O

So now I am wondering what her day is going to be like. Hopefully she will be stable at +7 because I have to take her to the vet for an abdominal ultrasound.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-95-7-111-10-325-pmps-343-2-383-4-343.241835/

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I don't know if she will clear the bounce so quickly. One can't say. Let's start with a +3 and take it from there.

Like Wendy said yesterday, save the MC/HC for numbers below 50. Some LC yesterday @ AM +5.75 instead of gravy just may have kept her surfing greens longer :)

tiffmaxee likes this.
  3. Missy & Tammy

I was wondering that as well. I think I kinda panic because she drops so fast so I’m concerned she’s going to go below 50 in like 30-60 min and then have a potential problem. She is also not very carb sensitive so it takes about 60-90 min to see any change in her BG even after MC.

We’ll see what she does today and I’ll keep you posted.
    :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The drops under 50 are scary at first but it needs to happen to move forward. Have you looked at other spreadsheets to see how they handle this? I’m going to be the third one to say save the hc until it’s really needed. With mc she might have stayed in green longer and until that happens and her body realizes that’s a good place to be the bounces will probably last longer than they will when that . We are here to help when it happens. :bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Missy & Tammy

The only HC she got into yesterday was her brothers that she snuck onto the counter and stole. She only got maybe 1-2 tbs before she was busted. o_O

Surprisingly even after getting into the HC she still started to drop around +3, +4 and + 5. I only gave her a little bit of MC to keep her stable.

I’m noticing she is not very carb sensitive. So riding the low numbers is worrisome for me in case I can’t stop them from dropping so quickly. I often wonder just how far she would drop before leveling off.

We will see how she is today. Thank you for always being around for support :)

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

What’s the highest carb food that you have? You can always add honey or Karo if there’s a drop under 50. Some use 33%.

7. Missy & Tammy

So I've had an interesting morning. I had no choice but to leave Missy with my husband :nailbiting: He hears me talk all about her all the time but has never had to make decisions for her and has never tested her before :eek:. I had to leave her at +3.75 and she was 97 :nailbiting:. Not a good time for me to have to leave my girl. Concerned she would continue to drop I just made a decision to give her a little MC gravy with a bit of her LC food. I did this twice over a period of about 1.5 hours. I am happy to report that she is still nicely surfing a little today, despite my intervention :cool:. I am relieved it didn't spike her either. Her last meal was at +3.75 she was 97. At +5.5 she is still nicely at 106. She is also sleeping and enjoying her day :) I am also happy to report my husband did a great job testing her. She sat in the sunshine and slept the entire time so she was very well behaved for him. :joyful:

I hope she continues to enjoy her day at the beach :cool:

I hope I did the right thing.... let me know what y'all think.:)

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nothing wrong with a bit higher carb if you are worried and have to leave/can't monitor. It was a good opportunity to gather data today. What you really want to avoid is higher carbs after nadir when the insulin effect is winding down. That can shorten duration and give you higher preshots.

9. Missy & Tammy

Hi Wendy

That is great info. I will make note of that. It makes a lot of sense.

At +7 I also had to take Missy out of the house for 3 hours to have an abdominal ultrasound done. She did great. So we shall see how the stress of all that today may affect her numbers. Hopefully I get the results soon. ;)

10. Missy & Tammy

Good evening everyone!

Missy had a busy day today. She enjoyed her day at the beach :cool:
    Unfortunately, some highs at PMPS. So what is going on...she had two low AM cycles in a row. Is what you're seeing on her spreadsheet promising considering she hasn't even been on insulin one month yet.
    I am very happy we went with the TR protocol. I can definitely see how sticking with SLGS would have been a rollercoaster and very nonproductive for her.

Looks like I may get a half decent sleep tonight. I hope everyone has a great night... and day ;)

11. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes, it is indeed a night for sleep! Enjoy! :D