? 01/30 Henry PMPS 97, shoot or stall?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angelaf44, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Green preshots are where you want to be. He can't get much higher and still be green. Do you have plenty of test strips, can you monitor tonight, do you have high carb foods?

3. Wendy&Neko

I see my post is probably a while after you last test. Test again. Unless he's dropped a lot, and you answer yes to all the above, I'd shoot.

4. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

@Wendy&Neko Hi!

Just tested again, same number. I will go ahead and shoot. I have lots of strips and high carb food. I can monitor, but I imagine I'll fall asleep at some point.

I can get tests every hour if necessary up to +6. I'll go to bed around then if he's steady. I can set alarms for the rest. After +6, should I set alarms for +8 and +10 or +11?

Thank you for your help.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I don’t think you will need all those tests. Get a+2 and go from there.

Angelaf44 likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Let's see where his numbers are before deciding if you need late night tests. It could be he'll be flat and leaving a little food out for him while you sleep may be enough. Hard to predict though, cats are tricky like that. :cat:

Angelaf44 likes this.
  7. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Sounds good! I'll update if anything drastic happens. I have an autofeeder I use at night so he can have some snacks.

Cats are tricky, he certainly keeps me on my toes!

8. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Angela, just stopping by to check on you and Henry. Looks like you did well by giving him his drop dose tonight. He's looking really good! :bighug:

Angelaf44 likes this.
  9. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Hi @PerfumedCatMom

He did do well. What's confusing me now is the drop dose I gave him for his PM shot isn't taking him down like his AM one did. Barely in greens, now in blues at +7. I think I need to go reread the post on the insulin depot, because this makes no sense to me now lol. It wasn't a fur shot and I've tested my drop drawing method a thousand times ‍:confused:

Happy to be getting some uninterrupted sleep though.

10. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Those blue BGs are barely blue and given the meter variance, his numbers have barely changed. He is having 2 lovely flat cycles.

Angelaf44 likes this.