? 02/18 Henry AMPS 86, PMPS 135 hold dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angelaf44, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Hi all,

Can you guys can look over Henry's SS and tell me how he's looking/give me a little guidance? As of February 6th, he's been on one drop of insulin twice daily.

His cycles have been pretty flatly green which I'm thrilled with. I just can't figure out why I'm getting blues on most of his AMPS & PMPS, as well as some other random blues thrown in more recently.

I'm still very new to this and don't feel confident in what I'm doing. My Vet has seen his SS and is very impressed, although she told me to stop insulin entirely.

Should I keep going with the drop of insulin for a few more weeks? He has not fallen under 50, so I don't think he warrants an OTJ trial at this point? Does he need a dose increase? Or, are the random blues nothing to be concerned about?

My goal is to get him into remission and I don't want to rush things and do it properly.

Thank you!

Previous
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/01-30-henry-pmps-97-shoot-or-stall.242344/#post-2730633

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi Angela
    Henry is looking pretty good, I think I would hold on to the dose for a little longer unless he does drop below 50.
    Mainly its the 122 amps and the 119pmps , and it would be nice to see him mostly getting green PS, he doesn't seem to be quite managing that.

Do you think you could try feeding him at 3 hourly intervals instead of 4?
    I found that interval worked/works better for George it kept/keeps his PS in the green when I got to the point that he was on a very small dose.
    Don't feed him more just divide the snacks up, into three. PS +3+6+9

Slightly more frequent regular meals may just help to keep his pancreas ticking over.

He does seem to be gradually looking better on this dose, but if you see more blue coming into his cycles you may need to take him up for a time before, hopefully coming back down again.

He looks close, but not quite there yet.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Hi @Gill & George it's nice to see you again!

I figured he wasn't quite there yet. Feeding every 3 hours might he difficult, as my mom feeds him during the day and struggles with the +4 and the +8 feeds. She might not be home often enough. I have an autofeeder, but I have two other cats who steal Henry's food. The autofeeder doesn't even help the overnight feeds as I have to wake up anyway to make sure he gets to it.

I just got home checked his AMPS +10, he's at 119... he's not usually blue at this time, it's getting me really down. What would be the next dose up from a drop? I'm drawing up his drop dose from the very bottom line of the U40 syringe. I've tested it a million times and it gives me a nice sized drop.

Wondering if I should increase starting tomorrow since I'm home this weekend and can monitor. If I keep him on the drop, it'll have to wait for the following weekend if we're thinking about an increase.

Edit: PMPS is now up to 135.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

It's hard with multiple cats you can never be sure who gets what.
    I separate George from my other cats if using the autofeeder, otherwise he would likely eat all their food and his:rolleyes:. He doesn't mind having a room to himself though he's our first cat and I'm sure he thinks of the others as usurpers. I think I remember you saying Henry is best pals with one of your others, so I guess that would be stressful for him to be separated.

Did he get his snack at +8.
    Hmmm 135 for pmps

I would try him on 0.1 see how it goes over the weekend, perhaps if you start on friday night that would give him 5 cycles on the dose to see what he does with it. Below are the pics, I guess you have been doing the top one, the middle one is 0.1 units I would get about 2 -3 drops out of that if I remember correctly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Angelaf44 likes this.