03/08 Mowgli AMPS 415 (0.5 R), +4 321, +7 315, PMPS 506 (0.5 R), +2 392, +3 366

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jaime & Mowgli, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Last Thread

I wonder how many of you have had dreams related to your cat's diabetes?

I dreamed last night that we got our first blue! lol

You'd think I would be dreaming about my first child that's on the way, but no...

Anyway, happy Monday!

AMPS was over 400, so we tried R at 0.5u.

@Wendy&Neko
    @Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

OK, let's see how he does on this new dose!d

Is your mother doing the testing today? Good on her if so.

3. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

My mom is doing the testing. I helped on Saturday and went for a +6 last night, but she otherwise manages very well on her own.

4. Wendy&Neko

Looks like 0.5 units over 400 worked well today. Let's stick with that scale if you want to use R again tonight. Plus I think we have enough data to tell you that R onset is closer to +2 so you (mom) can drop the +1 test.

That day (or night) will come.

5. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Great! I'm sure my mom will like hearing that.

From your lips to God's ears.

Just thinking out lout. If/when we decide to use R at mid-cycle, we won't have any way of knowing what its effect will be considering we have only used it with the Lantus effect layered over it. Is that correct? Theoretically, the 100 point drops we are seeing could be due in large part to the Lantus right?

6. Wendy&Neko

If you use R at mid cycle, it would be around +6. If that is a "typical Lantus nadir", you wouldn't be seeing much Lantus drop after that time. So yes, you might step back the R dose at mid cycle when you first try it.

7. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

+6 is exactly what I thought. The majority of the drop after that would be attributed to the R dose.
    However, rest assured I won't proceed with doing that until I get the okay from more experienced members such as yourself.

8. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Seems like we got a bounce at PMPS. Fortunately, it looks to me like Mowgli breaks bounces pretty quickly.

9. Wendy&Neko

Dropped a little more than I would have liked. I'd try the same scale next R opportunity to gather more data.

10. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

@Wendy&Neko
    Do you think we need more tests tonight? When I first saw the PMPS over 500 I figured I didn't need to make the drive and could sleep earlier, but I'm not so sure anymore.