04/16 pookie AMPS 101 +3 155 +180 +135

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pookie kyle/Dalton, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Pookie kyle/Dalton Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Just pretend it’s a fur shot. He’s been doing great and will get back on track soon I bet. Enjoy the pokie break.

Pookie kyle/Dalton likes this.
  3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Well you could shoot now but you'd be off schedule and would have to slowly work back. I don't see much harm in waiting til tonight, he's not super high. Have you tested ketones lately? He's eating fine?

Regardless I'd reset the cycle count for dosing purposes.

4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Well...better that he forgot to shoot than a scenario where you both shot and didn't realize.
    I'd just call this morning's shot a "fur shot":) and move on. We've pretty much all done one at some point or another. Don't worry. Sure, it may impact his numbers but he will get back on track.

Please do check for ketones though.

5. Pookie kyle/Dalton

ok !! if anything I think by PMPS he might be hovering in the yellows but doing really good !! dalton tested him for his AM shot but accidentally forgot about it

6. Pookie kyle/Dalton

ok
    i will check we honestly have not checked for keytones much since for awhile he has been in good numbers but we have plenty of keytone strips!! i just not have much experience doing it yet

7. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

It happens! There's been a few times where I get sidetracked, come back in the room and the syringe is still sitting there

Edit: too funny. At least we were all consistent in our simultaneous answer

8. Pookie kyle/Dalton

thank you for helping everyone !! he had a really great day in the greens, hoping he wont go to high but he is eating fine so ill strickly only be giving him his normal LC today no need for any HC like yesterday, ill keep my eye out to get a keystone test in next time i hear him go to the washroom, we have 2 litter boxes and he has chosen one for just himself our others don't use it so its easier to know where he's gonna go

9. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I'd recommend checking once a week when in good numbers. More when numbers are higher.Tips on catching a urine sample. Happy reading:joyful:

10. Pookie kyle/Dalton

yes dalton had everything out but i woke up as he got home this morning and we just forgot we realized when we got his +3 and i was wondering why he was so high for what he's been in the last week, then that's when we realized he accidentally forgot, dalton usually does pookies morning shot

11. Pookie kyle/Dalton

thank you for linking this to me!! luckily he's been doing amazing since going on TR and the dose he is on now but ill get more on the ball with keytone testing

12. Pookie kyle/Dalton

also we just got 200 more test strips today!! luckily a pharmacist from diabetics express where we order from was able to get them shipped to me !! i still don't even see them on the website so very graitful!

13. Pookie kyle/Dalton

despite forgetting to dose this morning pookie seems to be doing super well!! hasn't left the blues and weirdly, has come down since I last tested him !! was expecting him to go back up because of the dose skip!

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Tell Dalton to not beat himself up about it. I once found a syringe full of insulin and didn't know if I had missed the AM shot or the PM shot from the day before. It happens. Pookie is probably staying in good numbers today because of the depot. He may be higher tonight or tomorrow, but he will get back on track.