05/30 Butters AMPS 113/+3 103/+6 73/PMPS 113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, May 30, 2021.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday - true to form, the Leafs lost.

Today, Butters demanded to go outside, a rare thing in warmer weather. She had a walk around the backyard and sniffed every plant. Then she leapt into my planter, destroyed my kale plant and got very dirty. She had a good time, though, so I guess that's all that matters.:rolleyes:

Butters's numbers continue to creep up little by little. It is what it is. Maybe something is off with her and her numbers will eventually go back to what they were, or maybe these numbers are the new normal. I believe I am doing my part, though. The rest is up to her. Us caregivers only have so much control over things.:bighug:

Surf safely, kitties:cat:

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

It seems like Butters' numbers started creeping up mid-May sometime? If she does have an infection somewhere in her mouth and is in pain, then that would be natural for it to cause her BG to go up some. I'm so glad that she had a good day though. You're right about having only so much control! You can adjust her insulin if it gets to that point. I'm hoping that you will be able to manage things until you can get an updated assessment of her heart. You know, I was just thinking... since she has heart problems (the DCM) have you ever considered giving her a heart supplement... specifically one with CoQ10, which is so beneficial to the heart. Vetri-Science makes a good one called Cardio Strength. I haven't really thought about it in years... not since I had an HCM kitty. I think I'll go ahead and start Darcy on something (of course, he's easy to pill and gets lots of meds now every day). I just started him on the Nordic Naturals Omegas so those should be good for his heart and joints, too. But the Coenzyme Q10 is really very important for hearts (people's too... I take it every day, too, and here I forgot all about it.)

3. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

There’s STILL Game 7 :bighug::bighug::bighug:!!!
    GO LEAFS

You do more than your part:bighug:.....the fact that she is enjoying life, is outside destroying your kale plant, getting all dirty is awesome!

You will get to the bottom of the issues soon enough & my bet is you figure out Butters issues before the Leafs figure out the teams issues....LOL:p!!

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  4. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

dear queen butters,
    don't forget to take good care of your lyla.
    and maybe show those leafs something about how play is done?
    i enjoy rolling in them :kiss:
    your friend, kit

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice that Butters got to enjoy some outside time. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Lyla just reading and picturing what Butters did to your kale plant and got very dirty
    made me laugh!
    I'm so happy she had a grand old time.
    You are doing everything you can for her and doing a great job.
    I hope you have a nice night Lyla, and kisses to Miss dirty pants :p:bighug::bighug:

7. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Oh Butters :cat: Glad she had some fun outside :joyful:

And oh the Leafs :facepalm: Maybe they just wanted the game 7 drama :p?

Why yes you are :bighug: Hope you had a good weekend :bighug:

8. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug:
    Hi Lyla, thinking of Butters playing in the dirt just makes me smile. Control over our cats :rolleyes:, you’ve done so much and then some to make Butters world better but her little body and the doctors have ownership over the rest. You are so incredibly patient and Butters is so lucky to have such a loving caring mom, (even when she’s getting dirty and destroying your kale plant).:p Have a good evening Lyla. Butters surf safely. I’m hoping the cardiologist has a cancellation and you get in sooner :) Sending hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

Hi Lyla
    I'm sorry to hear Butters numbers are creeping up...I know that must be upsetting for you. I just wanted to say that I think you are an amazing mama to your girl. When I joined the board back in December you and Butters always stuck out to me. I would look at her spreadsheet and was sooo impressed with all the details you noted and your loving dedication to stay up all hours of the night testing making sure she was ok. Just by that alone I could tell you were a very special person who loved her girl so much. She is so lucky to have you. I hope things turn around again soon! Hang in there! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Thanks Tammy. This is such a nice comment.:bighug: I remember those all-nighters well:rolleyes:.
    Even though you aren't posting regularly for Missy, I still keep your spreadsheet open on my computer and I follow her progress:). And I've gotta say, the way you test her looks just like how I tested butters before she became flat.:bighug: You're doing an admirable job!
    :bighug::bighug: Thanks Adrienne! I feel like you know this all too well, having had Dolly come out of remission. We can only control so much! Paws and fingers crossed that her vet will have good news for me this week.
    Who is more dramatic, the Leafs or Butters? Lol. I'm not sure. Game seven never ends well for Leaf fans:rolleyes:, but maybe this time it will be different.
    Hope you had a great weekend:bighug:
    :joyful::joyful::joyful: She hated the part where I insisted on cleaning those dirty, dirty pants of hers before I let her back into the house again.:cat: I will give her lots of kisses from Auntie Diane. Please give Tyler lots of sloppy wet kisses from me and Butters, just don't get your ankles bitten because of us:cat::bighug::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Diane Tyler's Mom and JaxBenji like this.
  11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I am glad Butters had fun outside. You are doing EVERYTHING you can and then some for Butters. :bighug: I am pretty sure the numbers are off from whatever is causing the swelling. She looks great in spite of that though.

12. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Butters was outside appreciating her haircut!

13. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Butters was enjoy her natural habitat! I hope you're doing well Lyla!

14. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

15. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

I didn't know you were a leafs fan Lyla. DH is a leaf fanatic :cool: I am actually dreading the game tonight. I do hope they win I see they are allowing 550 frontline workers to watch the game.
    DH will be very upset if they don't win tonight. I remember one time in particular. The leafs was playing Boston it was an intense game. I had to go outside and I heard DH scream the dirty F bomb :facepalm:. He was so upset we decided to go for a drive. We met a truck driving and out his window screaming was the Boston jersey lol. GO LEAFS!!!

As for Butters I am happy to see she enjoyed her time outside. We let Molly run the house too and if she's feeling good that's all that matters