06.04 Chico 83@ AMPS; 49@2

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marina & Chico, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Chico is on his new/old dose for 11 days not a lot of movement happening. We finally decided to buy the autofeeder in order to spare us from the 1AM feeding when no testing will be needed :D

He spends most of the time in higher greens, from time to time he moves to higher 50s. If he managed to maintain the green preshots we wouldn't mind staying here. It is good region even like that (we are really not complaining) but we are wondering if we haven't reduced from 1.5 too early. Any input will be appreciated. @PerfumedCatMom you have experience in long time greens without much movement (sorry :D) what do you think?

Previous thread

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Marina! I would see what @tiffmaxee or @Wendy&Neko think, but because you’ve had some recent really good nadirs in the 50s and 60s, I wouldn’t touch anything to keep Chico safe. If you see the nadirs climbing up to say the high 60s or above, I would post to ask again about an increase back to 1.5, which you didn’t get a chance to properly try on for size. I know this probably is not what you want to hear. :bighug: Patience pants!

Marina & Chico likes this.
  3. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

I hope you find the comfort zone, where you are not scratching your head with trying to figure it out :)

4. Marina & Chico

This is exactly what i needed to hear, we are very happy with the predictability ( :D ) its just i thought that nadirs in the 60s and rarely high 50s was too high. Thank you very much for your input, sometimes the reassurance costs gold :bighug:

5. Marina & Chico

Thank you Cherryl, we are actually very comfortable with his range now, we are finally spending less stripes haha that is exactly what makes us feel uncomfortable if it makes any sense haha

I follow Mouzers dramatic progress :D we have our paws crossed so that the reduction sticks and you manage to get to a comfortable period as well, to be under so much pressure is extremely difficult from a long term point of view

Cherryl & Mouzer likes this.
  6. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

Thank you for kind words over Mouzer and myself. And I am glad you are comfortable, spending less stripes hahahaa

7. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm with you on predictability. Good luck with your decision. I'm liking your numbers. They are not "scary" low and only a few above 120 in AMPS and PMPS.

8. Katherine&Ruby

Give it a few more days. When you least expect it Chico will decide he’s had enough of the dose and you will really know for sure what to do. :)

9. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

My two penny worth :)

Especially in the PM cycles, he is diving at +2 and zooming from there. Wondering if feeding at +1 rather than +2 would help prevent those dives and the subsequent mini-bounces.

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’d try what Bhooma suggested because otherwise it’s a beautiful ss. He’s been a little higher the last couple days which might be a mini bounce. Give it a few cycles and if nothing changes or the blues get higher I would try an increase.

11. Marina & Chico

We will try that, good idea :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Marina & Chico

Thank you :) we will reevaluate in a few days

tiffmaxee and Bandit's Mom like this.
  13. Marina & Chico

So it was enough to open the topic and Chico decides to slide down... only if i knew it will have this effect haha

we are considering not to decrease because of the constantly higher values in the previous days... does that sound reasonable? Another drop would make us feel a bit more confident...

thank you @Bandit's Mom and @tiffmaxee for the advice of feeding at +1, the surprise would have been higher if we didnt

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  14. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Ha! it is crazy drop day! :)
    I hope chico slows down....

15. Marina & Chico

I know!! we only got to be so comfortable that we became complacent of his stable cycles :rolleyes:

16. Katherine&Ruby

17. Marina & Chico

:rolleyes:
    haha, i had nooooo clue this was coming :D

Thank you for the link, it is helpful to check back the stickies from time to time.

we will probably go with the same dose a bit longer, he spent too long in higher greens for us to think he is ready for a reduction. I just wrote that and i hear in my head: like we get to decide anything when it comes to Chico’s sugar levels ...:rolleyes:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

So far Chico looks like he's holding his reductions well, so I wouldn't move to the 3 drops under method just yet. Since he's a fairly newly diagnosed kitty, I might try the reduction and see how he does.

19. Katherine&Ruby

I had a feeling that was the case. Glad you swooped in once again, Wendy. :)

20. Marina & Chico

Thank you Wendy for your input, can you please tell me if the fact that he spent very long in high greens doesn’t mean anything or are we reading too much into numbers?

21. Marina & Chico

22. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

About what? You question to Wendy on higher greens?

He is spending long stretches of time in greens which is great. And it's not like they are only in higher green. :)
    If you can prevent the dive at +2, he may stay flatter (and in lower green) for longer. You can try and see if it works!

23. Marina & Chico

Yesterday we fed at +1, even if we measured and he was lower we would have fed the dame amount... we would have then tested at 1.5 and maybe have avoided the drop...

we will try the reduction and consider the change in schedule to always feed the +1

Bandit's Mom likes this.