07/08-Dolly-AMPS 104 - 95@2.5 -83@3.75 -65@6.25 -PMPS 92 -83@2.25 -79@4.25

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Jul 8, 2021.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start. I hope Dolly gives you a blue/green surf today.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Could you please check Dolly’s SS “again” and tell me if I have been doing things right under TR. Should I have increased her when I did? The higher blues she got in the last few days I believe came from stress on the 4th and she bounced yesterday from her low number. I guess I am so frustrated. I want to reduce not increase. Am I doing anything wrong? Is free feeding affecting her numbers?
    @Wendy&Neko @Sienne and Gabby (GA) @tiffmaxee

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you get the help you need, Adrienne. Is Dolly adjusting to the pain meds? How is her appetite. Is she doing any better?

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I am sitting here in the hair salon and trying to look at your spreadsheet on my phone. It is so hard to look at them on my phone, but it looks like Dolly has had three lime greens in the last week or so. What do you think about that? How are you today, Adrienne? Your holiday weekend seeing family and grand/great grands sounds really nice. I bet they’re all gorgeous like you!

6. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Dolly is eating great. The pain meds are helping but they sometimes make her moody or the pain does. Or both. How are you Summer? How is Susie doing? I see she did one of her giant drops. Hope she doesn’t go lower. Hope you both have a good day.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  7. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

We get our 8 yr old great grandson tomorrow. It’s been far too long. I just don’t know about Dolly’s limes. I am hoping to be able to reduce her but the protocol for TR says not ( I think). I get confused. When I was told to reduce her in March, she had one lime and I guess more green PMPS. IDK. I am good. How are you doing? So good to see you around helping people. We need your insight. See you later Suzanne :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I see three in the 40’s on this dose so a reduction was earned.

9. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I thought it had to be below 40 for long term? Thanks for responding Elise.

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

She had bg of 47,47 and 45. That’s three under 50. A reduction can also be earned if under 40 even once but that’s hasn’t happened.

11. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you.

12. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

13. Summer and Susie (GA)

I'm so glad to hear she is eating well and that the pain meds are helping. Susie is doing okay. Up and down. Still looking for the consistency of low blues and high greens for her to settle in to. I guess I am the only one on this site that doesn't want to go for remission but just try to regulate her. Like many here, the drops can be taxing on me and my girl. Just want stability. I don't travel and I really don't leave the house much due to social anxiety so I am not missing anything outside of my home. I just want my girl in safe numbers and her Mom to have "peace of mind".

14. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Happy,Healthy,Safe and Peaceful:cat::cat::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Summer, you have to do what you are comfortable with. We no longer travel, it’s been years. We also have been isolated for the last 3 years or more. For me I just want Dolly’s pancreas to work on its own without needing insulin. It would be nice to not have to worry about her shots in the event like when I was in the hospital. Thank goodness my husband was able to figure out testing (her poor ear was a disaster) and he already was giving insulin. He had to figure out her food and what to do should she need higher carbs to bring her numbers up. I’m sure he was a nervous wreck. I’m just not very trusting of others when it comes to her care. The main thing is for Dolly to have a healthy pancreas. I do understand what you want for Susie and yourself. This diabetes journey is not easy and why so many put their cats down. I do understand why you just want low blues and high greens. Unfortunately we have limited control and our kitties often make decisions for us. I always wish you and Susie the very best and hope you can get her in those numbers. Sometimes Susie just goes from yellow to low greens in in a matter of hours. :rolleyes: Have a good day you two and the puppies. :)

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  16. Summer and Susie (GA)

Wow, you shocked me with the statement that people put their kitties down when they are diagnosed with diabetes. I guess some just can't deal with it but it is so very sad. I just want to say that you are so, so fortunate to have your husband by your side when you need him. Hey, these guys can learn to handle everything that we do. You are blessed. I have no back up. Tell you husband that he is terrific. Let him know everyday how much you appreciate him helping you with Dolly. For many of us - we are alone on the journey.

17. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes, I thought so but couldn't remember so I didn't want to say while I was sitting there in the hair salon and couldn't check! Yay for Dolly!

18. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Suzanne. I don’t see that anywhere in the TR protocol :bookworm:. It feels like I just increased her. How does your hair look? I bet pretty :joyful:. Do you have a lot of cats and dogs? I wish we had a dog but I doubt Dolly would be on board. Another cat would also be nice, an older cat that needs a home. I just worry about health problems and the expense as well. These precious beings are not inexpensive as you well know. Just thinking :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Hope you had a good day. Talk again soon. :) Hugs
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Suzanne & Darcy

I do not have any dogs. I like dogs, but other people’s dogs. I cannot afford any more animals! We have too many cats as it is.

20. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

The info you're looking for re: reducing for long term diabetics isn't in the dosing sticky but here: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ng-reductions-and-starting-otj-trials.150160/. Stay green, Miss Dolly, and hope you're well today, Adrienne!

21. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Katherine. Hope today was another good day for you. The apartment sounds like a cats paradise.:joyful: Hope the girls are doing well. Sorry about the Libre, are you getting another one? Tonight Ruby’s numbers look more like Ruby. Take good care. Kitties be good girls and eat and no returns :p:p Hug from all of us to all of you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

I actually felt a little panic at the 55 Ruby threw me because I'm so unaccustomed to her being so low these days. Looks like she's coming up tho. I don't know if I will do another Libre again, might give Ruby-doo a bit of a break from it for now and try again in a few weeks. Everyone is good here. Hugs back to you!

23. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Reminder: *earning* reductions and starting OTJ trials

Long term diabetics under TR earn a reduction by going under 40, or spending a week in largely normal numbers. However, if Dolly doesn't hold reductions well, you can use the 3 times between 40 and 49 on separate days.

24. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Wendy. It’s all hard to determine what is going on since pain entered the picture. I don’t know if she is lethargic at times or pain meds are making her feel blah. If her numbers rise a little because meds are wearing off or she just has higher numbers. She was pretty lethargic yesterday but then after I went to bed I could hear her playing with her foil toys, first time in awhile. When you look at a SS and she bounced or stressed from fireworks, she no longer has stayed mostly under 100 for a week. Is it common sense or strict rules? Does the why make a difference? Sorry, I’m babbling for a change.

I just read the “earning reductions”.