08/10/2020 Milo AMPS 211

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-5-68-5-5-76-6-126-7-178.233408/#post-2608417

Good morning. Milo seems pretty good this morning. His brother was vomiting overnight and not eating properly this morning, which can sometimes happen. I tested his BG and he's maintaining a steady 68 or slightly lower every time I test no matter the time of day. He was acting fine before I went to bed so I'm keeping an eye on him. I'd love to try and get a keytone test but I never see him use the litter box. I've had a couple successful tests with Milo because he's pretty easy to follow.
    I have a medical appointment today so I can't be around this afternoon. I'll test Milo just before leaving today and hopefully Singha is more himself too.

2. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Not a bad start for Milo this morning. That was a nice lil trip to the beach yesterday, not to mention the dabble in the lagoon. Way to work that juice Milo.:cool::D
    Good idea to get that test before you leave just to make sure Milo is safe. These kitties have a mind of their own.:cat:

Have a wonderful day:)

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

What a gorgeous kitty! Nice day yesterday...I hope he had a good day today too!

Have a nice evening!

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha likes this.
  4. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

I'm curious what Milo's up to overnight mid-cycle. I wonder if he's clearing his bounces overnight. Perhaps he's making an early morning visit to the lagoon which is why you're getting some blue AMPS. Seems like he's due for a blue AMPS. Was just thinking about his SS:bookworm::p

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha and Frogster like this.
  5. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

I have just headed to bed and he was 157 @ +3. I feel comfortable going to sleep as he’s not too low. He jumped up into my arms tonight and snuggled like he used to before he started getting sick. He’s eating pretty normally as well. What a joy to see my boy return to the happy fella he’s always been!

Can neuropathy go away on its own this soon after treatment? I haven’t tried and B12 yet because I wasn’t sure when he was regulated enough to try. However, he no longer is having difficulty sitting and lying down comfortably and almost no more elevator butt.

I hope for a blue AMPS; I can monitor him a little more closely tomorrow. It would be nice to see some greens and not have to freak out about it! I have LC, MC and HC on hand now and I feel more confident (and supported!) to deal with his numbers getting lower.

Thanks for checking in!

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  6. Frogster

Frogster Member

Oh, I'd say he might visit some greens tonight. As a suggestion: probably not to interfere so much during the day with food, just monitor and let him deal with those greens on his own? And immediately take action if he falls below 50, of course. It will give us some insight on what's going on at night.
    Remember not to trust me )

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

It's such an amazing feeling when our kitties start acting more like their normal selves again! Kitty snuggles are the best.

I'll be interested to know if you were able to get a mid-cycle test last night, and if so, what it was. Milo slid down nicely from PMPS to +3. It would be good to know if he slid down even more for you. I know waking up in the middle of the night sucks (at least it sucks for me!), but it's the only way to know what Milo was up to!

What I found with the neuropathy is the more time Butters spent in lower numbers the more she improved, even without B12. I only started her on some relatively recently, but I saw improvements well before I did. So great to hear that Milo's is getting better.

You'll do great handling the green numbers. Sounds like you have an arsenal of foods to help stay in control of Milo's numbers and of course people here will help. And get a hypo tool box set up just in case. Setting one up will bring you peace of mind, even if you never have to use it.