08/20 BB AMPS 125 +2/96 +6/90

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawnjanell, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

Last thread
    Just checking in to say this mornings cycle went a lot better!!! I reduced to .75 after last night's 49, and BB stayed out of the scary lows.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice to see BB get over any bounce quickly and back into green already. :D What no one mentioned to you yesterday, is that some types of anaesthesia induction drugs can lower the BG. You saw her numbers dropping into PMPS, so that could have been a clue that was happening. If BB should ever need surgery again keep that in mind. We've had one or two cats with dropping numbers, and not want to eat because of sore mouth due to extractions. :eek: Luckily that wasn't a problem for you.

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nice numbers today - after all that goings on yesterday. Very nice indeed.

I hope you've both had a better day :)

Dawnjanell likes this.
  4. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

Thank you Wendy&Neko I will keep that in mind for any future procedures. The vet did tell me to monitor closer at the +5-+8 hour marks but sure am glad I didn't wait that long.

Is it safe to give her liquid Meloxicam? I didn't think to make sure it doesn't have sugar added, and am finding mixed info online. She does not appear to have any discomfort but does have a suture so inflammation for sure.

5. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

I searched the site and looks like bad news for cats so I guess I will skip it since she is eating great and not showing any pain.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Meloxicam (aka Metacam) is great for dogs. In the US they tend to dose it too high for cats and it's caused kidney issues in some cats. Buprenorphine is a better choice for pain.