09/15 Billo +5 100, +6 93, +9 82, AMPS 68, +3 88, +6 43, +7 63,

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Abdullah, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Yesterday's thread

So Billo was in the greens all night, but she dropped a little this morning where her AMPS is 68.

Here's what I did:

+4: I fed her LC FF because I figured that she wasn't too low for me to feed her M/HC.
    +5: her BG rose to 100
    +8: Fed her LC again, this is her usual meal time in the morning (around 5 am). I tested her shortly after and she was at 82.
    AMPS: 68

So she dropped a little between +8 and AMPS. I'm sort of inclined to feed her 1-2 tsp of M/HC to keep her from falling any further below the sixties. Does this entail a dose reduction, or what are your guys' thoughts?

Thank you!

thebigfuzz likes this.
  2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Billo's doing great on the Lantus!! She cleared that bounce quickly and got right back to business!! And yes she has earned a reduction on SLGS. With that 68 I would take her down to 2 units but let us see what others think as well. If the reduction doesn't hold you can always go back up again. Great job feeding the curve as well!

Hold the dose for at least a week:
    • Unless your cat won’t eat or you suspect hypoglycemia
    • Unless your kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L). If kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L) decrease the dose by 0.25 unit immediately.

Abdullah likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You handled the situation perfectly. Yes, I agree with Tracey. A reduction has been earned. Congrats.

Abdullah likes this.
  4. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Thank you so much guys!! Feels good to know that we’re on the right track :)

tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Very nice! Congratulations on the reduction earned!

Abdullah likes this.
  6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reduction!! Billo's numbers look great today. :D

Abdullah likes this.
  7. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Thanks guys!!

She dropped down to the 40s earlier today but has been on the rise ever since. She began surfing in the 60s around +7-9 but has risen again since then.
    Her PMPS is 124.

There’s no need to skip her dose or anything like that because she has risen again right?

Thanks again guys! :)

8. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

124 is the lowest you have shot. Are you prepared to test like you did last night?

9. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Yup! I’ll be up late studying tonight anyways so I can test

10. Red & Rover (GA)

I think you can shoot the 1.75 units but let's wait a few minutes to see what others might say.

11. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Okay! We dropped the dose to 2.0 this morning, you suggest we drop it to 1.75 because of <50 numbers today?

12. Red & Rover (GA)

Are you following TR or SLGS?

13. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

SLGS

14. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Just a reminder with SLGS we recommend you do not shoot under 90, just wanted to clarify since there are a lot of new members. You are just beginning to collect data, so please be cautious with lower preshots until you get a sense of how the insulin is working. You did today, and that's how the cycle played out.

15. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

You’re right. I should have been more cautious this morning. I’ll make an effort to be more aware

16. Red & Rover (GA)

Yes, take the reduction to 1.75 units.
    Get a +1 and +2 to start.

What are you studying if you don't mind me asking?

Christie & Maverick and Abdullah like this.
  17. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Oh gosh no, not a criticism, you're doing fine! I'm sorry I can be a little brief in my messages! We have some people who lurk and don't ask for help like you do, so I just wanted to clarify SLGS method ;)

Abdullah likes this.
  18. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Sounds good, I'll keep an eye on her.

I just graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology this summer. I'm taking some extra Biology and Chemistry courses for credit this semester :)

19. Red & Rover (GA)

Congratulations. University is so different now because of the virus. Are you allowed on campus for labs?

Abdullah likes this.
  20. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

No, no please don't worry!! I didn't perceive your message negatively haha, rather I perceived it positively! I truly do appreciate your input and I'm so grateful, all of you have guided me in the right direction and I am so thankful for you!

21. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Thank you :) Yes we are only allowed on campus for labs, but they're taking extra precautions to ensure safety and respect COVID regulations. The rest of the lectures have been completely online, it has been an adjustment but I hope things get better soon!