1/4 Chnoudi AMPS 107 +1 96 +2 44

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melita & Chnoudi, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...2-5-68-6-69-pmps-74-1-71.240876/#post-2711392

Hello from us!! Have a nice week!!

I screw it up.. I didn't manage to keep her above 50, as @Gill & George had suggested... :( I'm so disappointed.
    After her +1 I gave her normal lc and tried to give her a tsp of md but she didn't want it and I didn't insist, . She never liked this mc can... I managed to give her a minimal amount, something like 1/6 of a tsp, just a lick. I screw it up, I should have insisted, but her +1 was 96, like yesterday, and I felt quite safe...
    Since mid-December she drops under 50 every 2 days.... I don't know what to say now... I'm afraid that she may be not ready for a OTJ trial... And if she is, the remission won't be strong.. I don't know... I'm very sad.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Don't blame yourself. :bighug: Nobody could have seen that drop coming and sometimes they have just had enough of insulin and want to go OTJ. I would actually try an OTJ trial, but let's see what more experienced members suggest.

@Gill & George
    @Bron and Sheba (GA)
    @Sienne and Gabby (GA)

3. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Okk Thank you so much Bhooma! :kiss:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I know how much you want to get a strong remission but don’t beat yourself up about it....Chnoudi is leading this dance and he is calling the shots.
    I haven’t been in the conversation about Chnoudi before ......but a couple of thoughts...
    You haven’t held the dose for long in the last several days so the depot could be a bit wonky.
    Maybe if you fed a higher carb food for a few days to keep the BG a bit higher, you might be able to give a few more days of insulin.......just a thought.....see what Gill thinks of it as she has been with you in this journey of late.

Gill & George and Bandit's Mom like this.
  5. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Yes, this was Gill's thought too.
    She told me -in the last post- to continue the insulin support for a few days by holding the drop dose. And feed mc if +1 test is lower than PS test... That's why I 'm blaming myself, I didn't insist to give her mc this morning...I was sleepy and exhausted and Chnoudi was running all over the house...
    Gill also mentioned that in 12/30 she rised up to 135 without insulin (I had to skip the dose in an attempt to slow her down because I had to leave for many hours) and it's quite recently....
    Ok let's see what she will say.
    Thank you so much @Bron and Sheba (GA) ! :bighug:

6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hmmmm Chnoudi!

I'd like to see her be green at amps, the amps is often the last to go green. She hasn't had a green amps since you dropped the dose.
    I wish she would have ate her MC this morning, silly cat.

Have you got some MC that she will eat happily?

I'm thinking about it, I'm just not sure what I make of those mid blues yesterday? I'm wondering if they are a sign....
    I'm going to ask some other folk to take a look at her chart.

7. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Ok thank you Gill!!!
    Yes, I was really worried yesterday with these two 120 , even though she dropped later... I don't know.. I'm not sure if she is ready for an OTJ trial... Maybe she is, but I'm afraid.
    To tell the truth, I think she would have eaten her mc if I had just gave one tsp of mc.... I gave her lc AND a tsp of mc and maybe she was satiated.
    I focused on eating the amount of her lc food that she should eat, and this was my mistake. I should have insisted but I didn't expect this drop.
    When I give only mc she eats it. Ι haven't found a mc that she loves.. The one that you had suggested me isn't available in Greece.

8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

@Gill & George Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question - could the blues be a response to the limes or sharp dives that Chnoudi is doing?

And a (probably) stupider question - what happens if Melita attempts an OTJ trial and she is able to go for a few days with no blues on no insulin? And on the flip side, if she does see higher numbers instead (in the trial), can she not just go back to giving a drop or 0.1U or the last good dose?

9. Gill & George

Sometimes they do that just before they give you a drop, 'the high before the low'.
    I'm wondering if it was that or if she's hinting she needs insulin for a little longer.

One thing you can do to try and get the ps to go green is to try a snack at +9, just a teaspoon, this is something we can try when those PS are not going green and kitty is on a micro dose like Chnoudi is. The little snack is believed to kick her pancreas into producing her own insulin and dropping the PS.

Do you think you could try that this today in the am cycle and also in the pm cycle.
    If you are going to start an OTJ trial it has to start on a Green PS.

I had to try this when we got to micro dosing and it worked for George, I also had to do it through is trial, he still gets a snacck at +9 (he eats every three hours now/ the autofeeder is really handy, but I have to keep him seperate from the other cats when I do this.)

Melita & Chnoudi likes this.
  10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

She is coming up after the drop fairly easily, right? Is it possible tgat even tge drop of insulin is causing the blue amps? If yes then I think I would try the +9 snack a couple of cycles and if she still drops under 50 go for a trial. Just my two cents.

Gill & George likes this.
  11. Gill & George

She seems to have stopped bouncing, so I don't think that's it, she's spent longer in lime greens with sharper drops and it she hasn't bounced from that recently. But if you look at december 25 the last time she saw numbers in the 130's she then went lime green the next cycle, some cats signal a drop by giving you that high before the low, sometimes you can't see it until you look back.

not a stupid question, we always try and get the trial to stick, historically a kitty that has come off insulin has a harder job of gaining regulation and coming of insulin a second time (though george has three times/teeth/steroids caused the relapse, I had to be more aggressive with dosing). It's probably not so much of a problem if she looses regulation in mid trial, but it's more a concern if her Beta cells are not resilient enough and after a couple of months she looses regulation.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Ιt is so difficult for me to try to express myself in another language. I have so many that I want to say but I can't , and google translation is too bad to use it. That's why I do not say many things. I understood everything. Yes, @tiffmaxee she rises up easily after the drops. I will try the snack at +9! In 10 minutes from now it is the +9 for the pm cycle, so I'll start immediately.
    Thank you soooo much! I hope he manages to make the amps green...

Bandit's Mom and Gill & George like this.
  13. Gill & George

You do fantastically well, I forget that English isn't your first language.

If she's not blue at PS, she may be less likely to drop.
    Also if you do happen to see a blip of blues midcycle, just watch her closely (like you always do) she may be sending a signal that she's going to go lime green.

14. tiffmaxee

I too forget English is not your first language! Your are amazing !:D

15. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Amazing information! I wanted to ask this too.

16. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Thank you all so much for your help and your supportive words! :bighug:
    And I suppose I continue giving her a tsp of mc when +1 is lower than PS, right?

Gill & George likes this.
  17. tiffmaxee

I would do that to prevent a drop under 50.

18. Gill & George

Nice how the +9 snack resulted in her dropping into a green pmps.
    Lovely looking pm cycle.

A slightly more agressive method, for reductions which we use in long term diabetic, bouncy cats, or cats that don't hold their reductions is to take a reduction when she has dropped 3times under 50 (but above 40).
    Maybe now that she's on the food trial we could use that to decide that she's had enough and she's ready for a otj trial. (If she decides to keep dipping into the 40's)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  19. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Wow! I just remembered that - in my early days in diabetes- I have read an article for that method of TR protocol and I was surprised at first, but then I thought it is no longer followed..!
    Okk yes let's do this it makes sense! :bighug:

Gill & George and tiffmaxee like this.
  20. Gill & George

Just had breakfast and came on line to check chnoudi amps....
    I see :D:D:D

21. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Yeees!!! +9 snack helped her!!! :)My heart was beating so fast until I saw the number in the meter. I hope she continues like this...!