10/19: Nova--amps 258

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LindyNova, Oct 19, 2020.

1. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

Last Post

It's been a while since I've posted, but I figured there are SO many others that need attention I wouldn't bother.

Anyway....Nova is back to her lemons and cotton candy clouds, with a few red skittles thrown in for good measure. I feel like we are starting over---nearly one year into this marathon---only with a doubled dose. There is no obvious reason for her rising #s, other than she is a cat. Otherwise, like everyone says, she is behaving normally--albeit sleeping off the highs a lot....and a mostly happy girl. (My grand kitty still annoys her--and me at times too!)

My heart goes out to all of you fighting other battles, and to the newbies who are as scared as I was when we started this journey.

Have great day!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    JOJI and Kit and Butters & Lyla like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's frustrating but sometimes they do start going back up in dose for no real reason. I hope Nova will give you better numbers soon. Glad she is a mostly happy kitty. :bighug::bighug:

LindyNova likes this.
  3. LindyNova

Thanks, Carla. I knew you would be the only one to respond. :) I hope Furball comes down from her pmps tonight. I sure like seeing those blues and low yellows. If you can handle those #s so can I.

I just hope that no other complications come up, because in my situation it would not be a positive outcome, unfortunately.

4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    It is a battle for sure....sometimes one step forward and like five steps back. Nova is mostly happy and that counts for a lot. And as everyone on here likes to tell me regarding insulin dose, they need what they need. And not to look in the rearview mirror. Needs change.
    Hoping for sunnier days ahead for the both of you. :bighug:

LindyNova likes this.
  5. LindyNova

Thanks, Lyla. I hope you know that I have been following your recent journey & my heart goes out to you with many hugs & calming/healing vines for both Butters and you.

I DO realize that our Kitties' needs trump our expectations, and yes, it is frustrating. BUT, I DO realize she is in a much better place than when she started out. :) I am grateful for that.

6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    My heart goes out to you, too. The FD marathon isn't easy. I look at Nova's spreadsheet and I think you are doing an awesome job!

LindyNova likes this.