10/28 Lulu AMBG 59, PMBG 52

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PorkChop, Oct 27, 2020.

1. PorkChop

PorkChop Member

Yesterday
    Little Lulu has done it again, she is rewritting all the rules. :woot:

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  2. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I have been very keen to get as much insulin as we can into Lulu for as long as we can but with a 59 on her 4th NS I’m wondering whether yesterday’s plan to shoot anything over 80 should be thrown on the scrap heap and we should should be calling these NSs something else (touch wood anti jinx). Lulu has just loved having me sweat over making plans for her only to toss them aside before they can even be implemented, it seems to be her thing lol.

We are also happy to stick with the plan if you think it’s better she gets a touch more insulin as she can take it, I just want to make sure I’m not being silly about trying to get insulin into her in normal numbers. She’s very young so maybe Mr P has healed better than he might in an older kitty?

PorkChop likes this.
  3. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

My Elie did this years ago with the diet change. He was on insulin for about a month. Started with a skip, and then another, and then a trial, and then that was it for the rest of his life.

I’m not able to advise on this, I’ll leave that for others, but fingers crossed for you!

PorkChop and Vyktors Mum like this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I was thinking yesterday she may not need insulin any more. I'd see where she is tonight and tomorrow morning. If she's still in these numbers, I'd call it a trial. I can post the official instructions tomorrow.

Vyktors Mum, PorkChop and thebigfuzz like this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If it makes you feel any better, call it a "food trial" for a few cycles and see if she hangs onto her normal numbers. But then you can back date that other trial start date.

I've been thinking of her as a broken diabetic for a couple days now.:D

Vyktors Mum and PorkChop like this.
  6. PorkChop

PorkChop Member

I started shaking when I saw her BG reading tonight, 52!!! All I wanted to do was run for the HC food. Luckily Serryn shoved me back on the straight and narrow, Little is a bundle of surprises. I'm jumping for joy on the inside cause I don't want to jinx it :nailbiting:

thebigfuzz and carfurby (GA) like this.