? 10/31 Checkers AMPS 324, +5 376

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris and Checkers, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Chris and Checkers

Chris and Checkers Well-Known Member

Previous post https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-7-checkers-amps256-pmps306.253981/#post-2862764

I installed a Freestyle Libre on Checkers this past Tuesday so I was wondering about switching to TR during the time he has it on. I don't know if it is a good idea to switch back and forth. Is that advisable?

However, I am finding the Libre is giving me higher readings. The first day seemed similar to what I was seeing with my contour next, but then the numbers started to creep up, at first I thought it was a bounce. But I started double checking with my manual meter and the Libre is about 3-5mmol/L higher.:arghh: How disappointing since it is sooo much easier for the both of us to test his blood sugar.

I am now manually testing his preshots for sure and trying to get a few other tests in as well. Today though his numbers are high with both meters so I don't know if he is bouncing from a low value that I didn't see or if there is something else going on.

Could it be that I need to get a new vial of insulin? The 10ml vial that I am using was opened around the end of August though I am very careful using it.

I just hate seeing these high numbers,:(.

Christine

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Christine, I can't advise but let's see if we can get you some help. I would think your vial of insulin would still be good. He might just need a boost of insulin. Let's wait to see what the pros have to say. It is Sunday afternoon and you might not hear back from anyone right away. If not, just hang in and address this problem again tomorrow morning. Use the "?" again in your thread title. Good luck with your Checkers.
    @tiffmaxee
    @Bron and Sheba (GA)
    @PerfumedCatMom

3. Chris and Checkers

Thanks. Will do.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’ll look at your ss and read. Be back.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If kept in the fridge the insulin will last a minimum of 5-6 months. You have seen blue nadirs only once under 150. I think an increase to 1.50 is needed.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  6. Chris and Checkers

An increase to 1.5u, okay that sounds good. Thanks