11/12 Djoko - amps 416 +2 403; + 8 = 216; pmps = 245; +2 = 292 2

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marj & Djoko, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase :cat:

Marj & Djoko likes this.
  3. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

It is his birthday on Sunday. I bought him an entire rabbit (to eat) - this meat is apparently suitable for a cat with IBD disease and CKD. He betters likes it ;). A change from horse and quinoa...
    Better results will come!

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Djoko. I hope he likes his treat. One of mine liked it but the other tolerates it. I’m on my last bag and won’t buy more for awhile. Good luck with the increase. I’d start getting a +1 and +2. If either drops I would test in 30-45 tops to avoid a big drop.

5. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

and provided that he drops, should I give him 1 tsp of maple? 1/4 of a tsp? 1/8 of a tsp?
    I know this depends on the drop. As such, what is considered a normal drop versus a big drop?
    Thanks!
    btw - do you boil the rabbit?

6. tiffmaxee

If he drops at all at +1 or +2 I would add some syrup. It’s going to be trial a d error. Start with 1/8. Fir me a big drop is 100 points US.
    I got commercial raw so it’s in logs that I just defrost because Mocha appears to not b3 able to eat chicken or egg. I haven’t found a supplement to add without chicken liver to make my own and so she’s eating Primal venison. Her sister gets several proteins.

7. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Todays little drop at +2 would not require maple syrup - hopefully not when that high..right?

8. tiffmaxee

No but I would test in 30.

9. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

10. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Sorry if I do not understand the plan.
    My understanding is that I should test at +1, and +2 to see if there is a significant drop (+100), if so, I give him syrop.
    For a normal drop - lets say from red to blue in a cycle, would I need to give syrup too?
    During a cycle, Djoko often drops of 100 (american value) because he starts high. Would the plan be to keep him high with maple syrup so he does not drop more than 100 during a cycle?
    merci!

11. tiffmaxee

Not syrup for a small drop but if the same as preshot mc. What do you use for mc? It’s my understanding you don’t have anything for it due to the special diet.

12. tiffmaxee

We don’t want him high. We want to figure out o have him slide down.

13. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

exactly. My MC and HC will be maple syrup, honey. I am limited compared to other members. I have tested him at +8. He is at 216 which may cause a bounce. He ate a lot at +6. What should I have done differently ? It is difficult to test him a lot because he suffers from it. I think 3 times per cycle - unless very low - would be the maximum he could endure.
    With the Libre, I have many curves. If you can find any patterns other than when he breaks the bounce at the end of the cycle, this is where he is more likely to get into hypo , I will hire you lol!

14. tiffmaxee

15. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Good pmps. I am wondering if he will bounce or go lower! Suspense!