11/12 Olive AMPS 98, 145+2, 131+3, 112+6, 104+9. PMPS 118 Anybody see bumps on top of their ears?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by OlivesMom, Nov 12, 2020.

1. OlivesMom

OlivesMom Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...s-127-155-2-107-3-97-6-126-9-pmps-104.238433/

Olive is doing well. Only, I noticed a bunch of little skin-toned bumps on the top of both her ears last night. I read up on it and it said ear trauma was the first suspect, then bug bites/allergies. I was thinking to myself...um, she gets pricked in the ears 10 times a day. lol. I cleaned them with some colloidal silver. It doesn't seem to bother her unless I play with her ears (feeling the bumps/cleaning them) and then she scratches at it. Anybody else have this issue?

Olive's last weight check was on 10/04 and she'd gained to 9.98 pounds. Today's weight check is very good. She's now 10.18 pounds. Hooray! Once I get her to 11 I can begin to cut back, which Olive will be grateful for. She is not a big eater anymore and I've had to coax and force whatever she doesn't finish just to get the weight back on her. I think she's sick of turkey. I'll try chicken next.

Cindy is doing well and thankfully wanting to eat a lot better today. I know her bad teeth are a real issue for her so I watered her food down even further. She's playful and bright eyed today. I just wish we could have her teeth fixed but that's not remotely possible until the Hyper-T is under control.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    Reason for edit: Forgot to add something
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Robyn,
    Olive’s SS is looking great with all those blues and greens of the last month. Now that she is staying in normal Numbers for most of the time she will be able to maintain or put on weight more easily.

After pricking the ear, are you holding it firmly for a minute to stop bruising or any oozing of fluid?

Marj & Djoko likes this.
  3. OlivesMom

OlivesMom Member

That's great to know that she'll be able to gain and hold more easily now. I didn't realize that was a bonus for being in the blues and some greens. I've been holding her ear until the blood stops, which is usually just seconds. It's what the vet first told me anyways and Olive does stop bleeding entirely in about 5 seconds. Do I need to continue holding pressure regardless?

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for Olive today. I'm glad Cindy is doing better. It sounds like the bumps are from testing. I've had that happen with Furball in the past. Do you use Neosporin with pain relief on her ear? I put a tiny dab on Furball's ear after testing. If I know I'm done testing for the night, I put a bigger dab on. That helps.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would just hold it until the oozing stops. Do you use neosporin ointment on the ears at all?

6. OlivesMom

OlivesMom Member

No, I've never used Neosporin. I didn't realize I could. You said you put it on after testing? I test her every 3 hours. Do I need to wash it off before I test? Also, I have the original one with no pain relief...would that still be ok or should I buy one with pain relief??
    I wish I had known about it...