11/13 Olive AMPS 119, 107+2, 91+3, 76+5.25, 85+6, 103+9. PMPS 133, 97+2, 83+3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by OlivesMom, Nov 13, 2020.

1. OlivesMom

OlivesMom Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...nybody-see-bumps-on-top-of-their-ears.238479/

Olive has been doing great, but the biggest thing to report is that last night I thawed out the new raw food by Darwin and since I offered it to Olive in a half Primal raw and half Darwin mixture, she's eating on her own now! Hooray!

I did increase Olive's insulin this morning back to .12 where she had spent a lot of time in the greens before. Hoping it does the same again. Only, if she earns a reduction on it, as she did last time, I'm not going to reduce. I've decided to lower the reduction point in an attempt to get her to hold. The .06 kept her in lovely blues with an occasional green and although that was nice, I'd like to keep her more into the greens than the blues. We'll see what happens.

Cindy was doing great, then I woke up to find a fur ball and she won't eat. Ugh. So past history tells me she needs time for her tummy to settle and won't eat until later. She did eat a few licks, but I know she threw up her thyroid meds along with the fur ball. Ugh!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Olive is looking great! She’s gaining weight which is helping along with your good care. Have you thought about getting tge transdermal ear gel for Cindy? That way if she throws up a hairball she will still get her thyroid medication.

3. OlivesMom

OlivesMom Member

Cindy has been on homeopathic medicine in an effort to treat her Hyper T since she got so ill on the prescribed pills. We opted not to try the transdermal gel due to the other animals around her and she'll get her lab work done on Wednesday to see if the natural stuff is helping or not. If we go by Cindy's behavior since starting the natural stuff, I'd have to say the numbers are better...but we shall see.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I forgot about that. I hope feeling better is a sign it’s working!:bighug:

OlivesMom likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing today. What did you decide is the number for a reduction? You may want to add that to your signature line. See how I did it below for Furball. I hope Cindy has eaten for you.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You can use regular Neosporin. If you put too much on it may cause the blood drop trouble forming. I use the tiniest dab with Furball.

7. OlivesMom

OlivesMom Member

Thank you!
    I decided on 75. Good idea. I'll add that to my signature.

8. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be too concerned about the lumpy ears, some cats get them but in my experience it doesn’t seem to bother them. It’s just a little build up of blood at the prick site. Putting light pressure on for 5-10 seconds after the prick can help prevent it and I always tried to avoid pricking a lump (though I really don’t know that that’s an issue either). I’m not sure that neosporin will help with that at all.

9. OlivesMom

OlivesMom Member

The lumps cover the entire top of the ear and not just the injection sites. It doesn't seem to bother her whatsoever. All this time she hasn't had these little bumps. I wonder if it's because Hubby tests her differently than I do and he's been stepping up and doing a lot more testing over the last few weeks when I'm not available.

10. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I think you could be onto something there, it would be worth checking where he’s testing from to make sure he’s just going for the sweet spot. If the lumps aren’t in spots he’s tried to test perhaps it is an allergy or bites of some sort.

OlivesMom likes this.