11/27 Prince AMPS 440

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Prince’s Mom, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

2. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Hi! That is a difficult question. He looks like he is bouncing up right now so that could continue for a day or so. Generally the guidance doesn't recommend dropping by a half unit - can you drop by .25 to 1.25? He seemed okay at that dose previously, and it might be low but could get you back to a baseline to work from.

3. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Also, if you are asking for advice, sometimes it is good to edit your title to include something about what you need from the group.... like "11/27 Prince AMPS 440 Dosing advice needed"

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Here's your post from yesterday

He hasn't earned a reduction, even when he was on 1.75 so if he's above 150 tonight, I'd give the 1.5. Test at +2 so if he drops early, you can intervene early.

If he's below 150, stall, DON'T feed and test again in 20-30. Use that time to post here too and edit your subject line to something like "STALLING! NEED HELP!!" so hopefully somebody will see it and reply quickly.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  5. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

I'll defer to @Chris & China (GA) on dosing recommendations - however I see that the moderator on the Facebook group also was suggesting 1.25. I don't know if you ever go there. Maybe someone needs a reminder not to give dosing advice on that page.