12/25 - GIDEON BLUE - AMPS=112, +3=92 MERRY CHRISTMAS, PMPS=106,+3=83,+5=77,+7=95

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...mps-136-6-104-pmps-92-3-85-5-88-8-101.240464/

We are back to Giving Gideon Blue Lantus 0.1 units BID. I want to make sure I do not stop too early. This looks to be equal to a medium size drop or 2 small drops. I tried several times the colored water method to determine how much insulin (in drops) is actually in 0.1 units. It looks like if I put the plunger at the bottom of the ZERO line, it is 1/4 of the 0.5 units or 0.125 units.

Gideon has had a good day. We have had to keep all wrapping paper away from him. He loves to eat it! We don't use ribbons for this reason. As a kitten I was putting bows on lollipops I had made and he stole one of the pre-cut ribbons. I did not know it, until I saw him gagging. I saw a bout 1" of the 12" ribbon hanging out of his mouth. I instinctively grabbed it and pulled very slowly. I got it out, and have been extremely careful since. When I was a kid we had to be careful of the cats eating the tinsel on the Christmas tree. I haven't seen tinsel in years.

tiffmaxee and Marje and Gracie like this.
  2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

To draw one drop, push the syringe plunger all the way in and hold it as you insert it into the pen. Let the pressure off by releasing the plunger and it will draw up one drop.

Merry Christmas!

Shiloh567 and tiffmaxee like this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas! One of mine eats plants, towel, clothing and many other things she can get to them. Needless to say everything is hidden from her.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  4. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas!

Shiloh567 likes this.