12/30 Chloe from 73 to AMPS 387

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roberta and Chloe, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Roberta and Chloe

Roberta and Chloe Member

I left Chloe's bowl with food in the usual spot next to my pillow and when I woke this morning, it was all eaten. The cats aren't bugging me for breakfast. Is it okay if I leave food out at night?

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You can leave food out for Chloe to eat but you need to take it out 2 hours before shot time (morning and evening) to ensure that the pre-shot reading is not food influenced.

The link to your previous post - https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-29-chloe-amps-269-2-400.240663/
    I guess the 73 last night confirmed that the insulin was not bad (unless you started a new pen?). The highs you are seeing are bounces from lows. We don't know how much lower she went last night.

I would hold the dose and not increase to 0.75 like you were planning to yesterday.

Roberta and Chloe and tiffmaxee like this.
  3. Roberta and Chloe

Roberta and Chloe Member

Thank you. I agree. Chloe snacks throughout the day and night, so that's probably what's making her numbers so erratic. Last night, the cats appeared hungry, so I fed them before bed. I put a bowl of kibble on the new cat tree. Fuzma and Chloe don't go to that side of the room and I've just given up on Chico's diet. If I leave the kibble in the kitchen, Chloe immediantly goes to it. I don't know why-- she barely has any teeth left. When she eats her wet food, I can hear her mashing it between her gums. It makes a clacking sound. Cheddar refuses to eat the wet food.

4. Roberta and Chloe

Roberta and Chloe Member

btw, thank you for posting the link to yesterday's thread. I can never find it. How do you find it so easily? Never mind. You use the search, right?