20/4 Mauer AMPS 83, +1 108, +3 88, +4 68, +5 63, +6 65, +7 63, +8 70, +9 59, +9.5 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SashaV, Apr 20, 2021.

1. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your grandmother. I hope she doesn't get really sick and no one else tests positive. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I hope Mauer surfs safely today.

SashaV likes this.
  3. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Thanks Carla.:bighug::bighug:
    We're still hoping it's a false positive.

4. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

This dose seems to be working really well for Mauer! Nice and flat. very jealous :)

Hope is a false positive! I take it she does not have any symptoms, then?

Marina & Chico and SashaV like this.
  5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Praying you and your Mom don't get sick. Also, praying for your grandmother. I hope she will be okay.

6. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I'm jealous of Hercs' low dose :p:D

No symptoms. She wanted to go to her hairdresser and we have a corona passport so it was just routine...
    She was very surprised and it required some beers. My grandmother doesn't drink beers unless someone dies or get pregnant :eek:

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Oh, I am sorry that your grandmother tested positive for COVID. I hope she will not become very ill and will recover quickly. Does this mean you all are quarantining?

8. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Thanks Summer :bighug:
    At least we have one day left with awesome weather! Already got my first sun burn... and an allergic reaction. Lovely :p

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  9. Suzanne & Darcy

What is a corona passport?

10. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Thanks Suzanne :bighug:
    No, my mom is in quarantine since she was with my grandmother the day before the positive test. I'm free until and if my mom tests positive. It's stupid, but I'll stay at home as much as possible and avoiding others.

Deb & Wink and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  11. Suzanne & Darcy

Wow. I've been going to the hair salon every 6 weeks or so since the end of April 2020 (as soon as they rescinded the total lockdown).

12. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

An electronic passport showing you're vaccinated, either first or done with shots. If not, you'll need a negative test that's less than 48 hours old before you can go out dining, to the hairdresser and such. The passport shows you're testing and status. If one has tested positive in the last 180 days, it counts as being vaccinated and doesn't require a test.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  13. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hope it’s a false positive and that if she has it a mild case and that you and your mom don’t get Covid. Are all of you vaccinated?

I was hoping that you would shoot but thought you had skipped last night. :D

14. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Only my grandfather has gotten both. Grandmother one dose. None of us other then them is vaccinated :arghh:
    I waited until I saw a rise. Had decided on skipping, but I felt quilty :oops:

15. tiffmaxee

You know what to do and how to manage him. While I was glad to see you did shoot, you know when you have reached your limit. :):D

16. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I'm way past my limit.... sleep wise.

17. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Grandmother is NEGATIVE! :D
    What a relief!!!!

18. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I'm feeding every hour just to make sure she doesn't dip. I can't be gone longer than an hour. Five more days like these and she will have earned a reduction?

19. Suzanne & Darcy

Stay flat, Mauer. Don't dip.

20. Summer and Susie (GA)

So happy to hear your grandmother is negative, Sasha! Looks like you need some sleep unless you have help with all the nigh time testing. Stay safe.

SashaV and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  21. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I don't have any help, it's just me :oops:

22. Summer and Susie (GA)

It is just me too. I don't understand how anyone can test all day, all night and get any rest. Bless you for your commitment to Mauer. I think in the evening I will feed a higher carb food so I won't have to worry about more than two test unless Sus shows a drop that is concerning.

23. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Great for your grandmother’s false positive (party)

Mauer is doing great!! This is the longest she has been in such nice green stable values :cat: very happy you shot yesterday you must give yourself a loot of credit for the effort :bighug::bighug:

SashaV likes this.
  24. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

And she keeps dropping without food :banghead:
    I know this is healing and good and all that stuff, but it's frustrating she just won't stay put :arghh:
    I do not want a failed reduction, I do not want to cheat and let her dip just because I want a reduction, and I feel like failing her if I skip. Feels like I'm running out of energy :(
    I need a vacation from my life..
    How am I supposed to get comfortable with her being low green, when I know she'd drop if I didn't feed every hour?
    She's not seeking food, when I go to bed she goes to the bathroom and sleeps there until I get up. Unless I put the food down within her reach, from where she's sleeping she doesn't eat... if she doesn't eat, she go below 50 in no time.
    Frustrating!!

@Wendy&Neko @tiffmaxee any ideas?

25. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You can do what I did occasionally. I would take a "temporary reduction for sleep" for a couple days, and more importantly the nights. Especially if Neko was threatening to earn a reduction. Then once I had recovered with more sleep, or the numbers soared, I'd increase back. Occasionally the unearned reduction held. The take away I want you to get from this - we can't be slaves to FD. More importantly, you have to be well enough first, in order for you to take care of Mauer. :bighug:

Great news about your grandmother's retest! I would have thought the one shot would made a difference.

26. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Thank you so much WenWen :bighug:

I'm leaning towards skipping in total, so no testing would be needed. I don't know what her numbers would look like, even if I just reduced 25-50%, so I wouldn't be able to sleep through anyway :oops:

I would never have thought getting one full night of sleep would mean this much.
    Before this I would be cranky, bad company if I had a bad night with less sleep. Now I'm up at least once, rarely once... but still :p and no one can tell! It's like my body is adapting to the circumstances :woot:

I think she's chasing a reduction, and before I know it she'll plummet and demand it. It kinda scares me... it's inevitable... going to happen no matter what. :nailbiting:

The one shot should give SOME protection. On the other hand, it could also be the vaccine making antibodies? I don't know. But it feels like we've dodged a bullet!

Now I might as well stay up the last 12 minutes to get a +1 :woot:

Deb & Wink and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  27. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

103 +1!
    I'm taking 3 hours and doing a +4.

I hardly ever use the time anymore. Everything is just +1, +5. :oops:

28. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

I think you are safe to go to sleep. She's gone up, she hasn't been diving. Get some rest! :bighug:

29. Summer and Susie (GA)

Wendy, I am curious. I thought with TR there would be no exceptions. I'm so glad to hear that there are exceptions for those folks who know their kitties well and need to adjust to their lives and to getting some sleep.

30. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

52+5
    And she's been eating 17% for five hours

31. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

It's not recommended to modify TR as a protocol, but skipping shots is encouraged if it's necessary for the safety of the cat and the well-being of the caregiver. If a CG hasn't slept for weeks like our dear Sasha here or if any CG isn't able to monitor because of work or illness, a skipped shot is often the safest thing to do for everyone. The cat might go into higher numbers but it will recover usually.

32. Wendy&Neko

People go on holidays, and have their pet sitter give a reduced dose. People get sick, or have conditions or life events that mean they cannot monitor as normal. The number one goal over all, regardless of dosing method, is safety first. As long as ketones are not a concern, a temporary reduction is OK.

33. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Weeks?
    10 months, and yeah I counted :oops:
    Almost 4 in the morning here :arghh:

34. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

And if the temporary reduction holds? When will I know?
    How off would I be, if I just decided to reduce even though it isn't earned?
    It's scary I can feed 17% carbs and right after onset she hits 52.

35. tiffmaxee

If the temporary reduction holds that becomes the new dose.

36. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

When will I know?

I'm going back to bed. Haven't fed anything until just now, she seem to be holding just fine on her own. She got some 11% carbs crappy Sheba. Ill be up again in an hour.

37. tiffmaxee

If the bg numbers are good it becomes the new dose. If it trends up then yiu go back to tge last good dose.

38. Wendy&Neko

If you see green nadirs on the new dose, you hold it 10 cycles (unless she goes low), and see if you are getting good numbers.

39. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Then I'm trying 2.5U tomorrow morning. I need more space between tests.....
    Oh well, 2 hours this time. 5.30 in the morning. She got a nice bump, and now she's talking like if her life depended on it...

40. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

108 and back down to 81.
    She really wants to be green......