3/18 Squeaks; AMPS 112, +8 47-dose decrease?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sugarkitty15, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hoping the experienced folks chime in here but if you are getting in the 40's TR states a definite reduction. TR states "If kitty drops below 40 (long term diabetic) or 50 (newly diagnosed diabetic) reduce the dose by 0.25. Just hoping someone with Levemir experience will come on board soon. @Wendy&Neko, @Chris & China

Suzanne & Darcy and Sugarkitty15 like this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Summarized here: Reminder: *earning* reductions and starting OTJ trials

Basically long term diabetics on TR earn a reduction by going below 40, which Squeaks has not yet. If a cat has a hard time holding reductions, you can use the three times on separate days between 40 and 49 method. If you think Squeaks is a cat who has a hard time holding reductions, you would reduce to 0.1 units.

4. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Thanks @Wendy&Neko, I think that Squeaks fits the bill of hard time holding reductions...so I will reduce to .1. Just to clarify, if he gets between 40-49 for 3 days after reduction OR goes below 40, we would be ready to try an OTJ trial??

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I forgot to include the other way he can earn a reductions that is mentioned in that post, a week in mostly green numbers. If he does earn another reduction, post here and we can help you decide if he's ready for a trial. For kitties with quite a bit of blue, they'll sometimes go on a drop dose first.

Sugarkitty15 and Sue and Luci like this.
  6. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Ok sounds good!! I feel like we’re making some progress here so fingers crossed! I appreciate everyone’s help in this forum so much!! :D

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Good luck. Squeaks is adorable!

Sugarkitty15 likes this.
  8. Billyjoe A

Billyjoe A Member

Good luck Squeaks!

Sugarkitty15 and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  9. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member