? 3/22 Haley - (Skipt) AMBG 112, +2 127, +6 113, +11 118, PMPS 99, +2 76, +3 92,, +4.5 97, +8.5 131

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Haleysmom, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Haleysmom

Haleysmom Well-Known Member

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Might want to get a +8 to +10 today just to see where she is at a later point in the cycle (instead of the +6)

Did you have to go out today? Just wondering why you didn't shoot at AMPS

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing.

4. Haleysmom

I didn't shoot because that's what I've been doing the last 3 days. I thought it was ok. I guess I misunderstood.
    So, skipping the shot was just because I was going to be out for an hour? I thought it was ok, especially, after Wendy said I could skip the PM shot instead and I decided to skip the Am shots. So all the more I thought I was able to skip either the morning or the evening shot. I guess I misunderstood. Can you please explain to me why being out of the house for an hour makes a difference in whether I shoot her or not? Everyone’s been saying how great she is doing so I thought I was doing the right thing. I’m just trying to learn because now I’m confused again . No, I didn't have to go out today. I don't usually have to go out.

I already did the +6, before I saw this message. Now what would you like me to do?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  5. tiffmaxee

Wendy didn’t suggest that you skip. I think she said is you gave to skip it might be easier to skip at night. The goal is for her to be between 50-100 or even 80 and shoot every 12 hours. Being away for an hour is usually fine provided you feed before you go and leave out food. It would be an issue if she were in the 50’s - 70 until you have data at a given dose.

6. Haleysmom

I realize Wendy didn’t say to skip. She was giving me the option to skip at night instead of the morning. So I thought it was OK to skip either one of them.

Thank you for the explanation.

I tested her a +6 so when should I test her again?

7. tiffmaxee

I’d get a +11 in case you want to know if she’s coming up at PMPS.

8. Haleysmom

Today is the first day that I changed from 7:30 AMPS/PMPS TO 8:30 AMPS/PMPS. By mistake, I gave her her shot at +11 when I tested her.

9. tiffmaxee

10. Haleysmom

Her +11 is now 7:30. It's almost 9:00 PM which is an hour and a half later. Should I do a +1.5 and 2.5?

11. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

@tiffmaxee since she skipped this AM, shooting "early" shouldn't be act like an increase this PM, right?

Shirley - if you could have your title read AMBG ("AM Blood Glucose") versus AMPS ("AM Pre-shot"), that would be helpful to those scrolling :bighug:

12. Haleysmom

I can do that. I don't know, now, when I can test her. I don't know where she is. Everyday, she's elusive, lately. I've looked in all her hiding places...that I can reach.

13. tiffmaxee

Oh yes. That’s correct. If you didn’t shoot this morning then you are not shooting an hour early. You could have chosen to shoot any time that you wanted. Thanks Susanne. The reason why I suggested a +1 is because you shot a green number. I always think a +2. Or +2.5 as Lantus onset is around then.

JaxBenji likes this.
  14. Haleysmom

Can you please look at my title? The +11 should be her PMPS and her PMPS should be +1, correct?

15. Chris & China (GA)

The number she's at when you actually shoot is always the "Pre-Shot" number.

If you skipped this morning and shot at 8:30pm tonight, her PMPS would be ### @ +25 since it's been 25 hours since the 7:30pm shot last night

16. Haleysmom

17. Haleysmom

Well, I tested and shot her at +11 . I'm so confused.

How often do I test tonight? I tested at +2.

18. Chris & China (GA)

No...since you didn't shoot this morning, and shot at 7:30pm tonight, it's been 24 hours since the last shot....so her PMPS would be 118@+24.....then her +1 at 8:30 is 99 so that goes in the +1 cell, you tested 2 hours after the shot, so you'd put 76 in the +2 cell.

When figuring out what to put on the spreadsheet, remember that it's always however long it's been since the last shot....whether that's 12 hours, 24 hours, 36 hours, 13 hours....it doesn't matter...it's always however long since the last shot

With her dropping from 118 to 76 in 2 hours, I'd feed her a couple teaspoons of MC food and test her again in 30 minutes to see if we can slow her down some