4/5 Mimi AmPS number 75 - was going to be gone for almost 10 hours, gave 1 unit instead of 2…

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-50-6-5-62-after-lc-8-49.261205/#post-2930385

Just puked her food (but she ate about 2 hours ago- saw some hair ball parts in there- mostly food..)
    Then puked again 10 minutes after that but this time it was just clear liquid.. :(
    I hope she’s not getting a pancreatitis flare.. see this is why I’m so scared to leave her ever- she’ll get stressed and will have a flare up causing her to be nauseous and not eat.

she usually pukes like a hairball a week- this week she puked one 2 days ago- after I gave her some Vaseline the day before??
    Vaseline is supposedly the best thing because all of the other hairball remedy’s tend to have sugar!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Dds35day

Dds35day Member

Cerenia has stopped my kittys vomiting because she has ibd. But no more puking.

4. Amanda Comet’s Mom

Amanda Comet’s Mom Member

Is she on anything for IBD? My guy is on Metronidazole, Budesonide and a Probiotic as well as rescue Cerenia tabs for flare ups

5. Mimis mom

I don’t know if she has IBD? could the weekly vomiting mean she does?

6. Amanda Comet’s Mom

From what I was told, cats should never throw up more then 2-3 times a year. My guy was throwing up weekly, then daily. I let it go because I thought it was normal. He ended up in so much pain we did an ultrasound. He had horrible IBD with a pancreas flare up. His intestines were so swollen they weren’t moving. We started him on meds and he improved so well. The only kicker for us was the Prednisone we put him on caused Diabetes. Once we got him off that and switched to Budesonide he has been in remission. Health issues can cause diabetes as well as tooth infections. Maybe it’s time for a check up?

Mimis mom likes this.
  7. Dds35day

Dds35day Member

She is on budesonide, cerenia, s boulardi. Metro stopped working so we did the s boulardi emergency protocol for diarrhea and over time it has controlled her diarrhea. She has been on budesonide for two years. The vet is tapering her down...

Amanda Comet’s Mom likes this.
  8. Amanda Comet’s Mom

Was hoping we could taper down and off Metro, but a week after being completely off it he had a violent pancreatic flare :(

9. Dds35day

Dds35day Member

I'm very sorry

10. Mimis mom

Mimi had blood work- everything looked good- - started brushing a lot more. I’ll see - if she pukes again- time for an ultrasound…