? 5/19 Cinna | AMPS 390 | +4 254 | - dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by alio, May 19, 2022.

1. alio

alio Member

5/18 condo: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ps-420-2-362-4-295-6-307-8-319-10-360.263473/

We completed a full 24hr curve yesterday, once I had a few tests in my OCD compelled me to complete it :D

5/18 2.30 am was his last dry food (forever I hope!). I gave him some wet food at 2.30am (PM+6) this morning instead.

Today's plan is to spot-check him at AM+4, PM +2, and PM+6. If nothing is under 150 then tomorrow we'll up his dose 0.25U.

I'm also wanting to change meters, today I'm hoping is the last AlphaTrack day; and tomorrow, a human meter (Freestyle Lite). Is this okay to do at the same time as a dose adjustment?

Any other thoughts/corrections on the above are welcome!

Thanks so much for all the help! :)

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's great that you are kicking out the dry food. It can make a world of difference to his numbers.

You can change from a pet meter to a human meter at any time. A human meter reads lower. There is a formatting change that needs to be made in the SS. The format you are using now is for a pet meter. You can use the same SS - it just needs to be tweaked and I can help you with that once you make the change.

I'm wondering if you want to hold the dose and see how he does without the HC dry. The removal of dry can take a couple of days to start showing in the numbers.
    @tiffmaxee ?

alio likes this.