? 5/22 Rudy AMPS 427, +3 345, +6 319

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SweetGreyRudy, May 22, 2024.

1. SweetGreyRudy

SweetGreyRudy Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...eeling-discouraged-today.290264/#post-3181103

Took Rudy to the vet today because he's pretty wobbly and we're getting a Libre 3 placed on Friday to get more data. Vet recommended I drop to 3U tonight because she's concerned about an overdose of insulin, and doesn't want me to raise the dose until she can install the Libre on Friday and run a fructosamine panel. Thoughts?

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would not decrease the dose but would like to see 2 tests every cycle. Any chance you can set an alarm for +5 tonight if your before bed test is still blue? I don’t think he’s going too low though.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Elise. Last night would have been an excellent time to get a before bed test. He was coming down all day and with a blue PMPS would likely go even lower last night. Today's red AMPS tells you he went lower than he's used to.

4. SweetGreyRudy

SweetGreyRudy Member

@tiffmaxee @Wendy&Neko Apologies! We actually did get a before bed test in last night and I just forgot to add it to the spreadsheet, just updated! He was trending upwards from his blue numbers at +3 last night. We'll get another +3 tonight, did shoot 4U.

5. SweetGreyRudy

SweetGreyRudy Member

Thoughts on getting a Fructosamine panel when we get his Libre installed Friday? The vet recommended several very expensive tests- we just want to do what is necessary to get the right information..

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would not get a fructosamine. I’m liking his numbers last night . Lots of healing time that continued this morning. You test enough that it’s not necessary in my opinion.

SweetGreyRudy likes this.
  7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The fructosamine will not give you as much information you already have from home testing.

SweetGreyRudy likes this.