5/23 Ivy Amps 300, +2 320, +6 208, +9 274, Pmps 311, +3 149, +5 120 Libre

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, May 23, 2024.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

5/22/24
    Amps 300 Libre
    Good morning :coffee::coffee::coffee:
    Long, active night. Fed small snacks overnight to try to surf. She spent many hours in nicer numbers.
    Just wish she didn’t have to trampoline so high after being lower.

This morning is a big bump after a lower numbers night. :mad:Big yawn. (Yep, slept on the sofa).
    Where will she go today? :facepalm:
    I Will sedate tonight for vet appointment tomorrow morning at +5 (I may feed higher carbs, 9 or 12%, in hopes of keeping her from diving to a low nadir while at the appointment). Need to think about that.

Have a safe day everyone :cat:

2. Heather82372

Heather82372 Well-Known Member

Wow! Ivy had a LONG active night for sure! It's great but tough for you in the middle of the night. Any chance for a nap later? ;)

3. Staci & Ivy

No nap ahead. Busy day ahead, as usual. That’s what makes it so hard. With working, cooking dinner, staying awake to make sure she eats her snacks through +3, etc, it’s a long day until I see where she’s headed for the night.
    But thanks for the good wishes, Heather!
    Hope you have a good day :bighug:

4. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Good morning Staci.
    Great PM cycle and rough night for you! Here comes extra :coffee::coffee::coffee:
    A very familiar, never-ending story :facepalm:
    I was so out of it yesterday (getting back from work, testing Mikan, feeding cats, insulin, starting to cook, a commotion - found the cats torturing a poor bumblebee, rescuing the bumblebee). I got a new tissue box as I was thinking of defrosting meat, and somehow I put the tissue box in the microwave. o_O We need an all-day spa retreat!
    Hope Ivy gives you an easier day today and you get to rest tonight! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Staci & Ivy

Good morning Kit, yes, I see We are living the parallel life.
    Putting the tissue box in the microwave, made me spit out my coffee because I could relate so well.:rolleyes:
    Of course I can believe you did that. And on top of it rescuing a bumblebee, that’s incredible. You are superhero. :joyful:

Yesterday my car was in for inspection and they called me at the end of the day (not sure why they had to wait until 10 of 5 pm) when I was about to be getting ready to start dealing with Ivy’s on Meal and shot).
    Anyway they told me they couldn’t complete the inspection because my owners card/ registration was not in the car. What was in the car you may ask? My son‘s registration card for his car.
    So, I had to scramble to try to figure out what the heck I did with the card for my car . I actually have zero clue what I did with it because obviously I’m completely out of it overwhelmed and exhausted and had no idea.
    I’ve been driving around with the wrong card for the wrong car for months. Good thing I hadn’t gotten pulled over. :banghead:
    I had to go online and get them a copy of the right card with minutes to spare. That was a tricky act.
    Yes, we want them and good numbers but boy do we have to sacrifice for them to be there. I’m so tired again this morning. It’s ridiculous so thank you for sending me extra coffee because I surely need it.
    I hope you have an easier and calmer day ahead, too. Thanks for the great story of the tissue box and bumblebee I needed that:bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Gooooood meowning Staci and Ivy!
    Sounds like you must be exhausted not to mention stressed with everything going on.
    We're sending you lots of furry hugs and kisses.
    Good luck with that vet appointment tomorrow.
    Also I'm hoping Ivy gets tired of this ugly, rusty trampoline and males her way towards the nice and sandy beach where Nestle is patiently waiting.
    Happy Thursday

upload_2024-5-23_12-19-35.png

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  7. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

We need Feline Diabetes Mom's Retreat! Is that a thing? Haha :cat::bighug::cat::bighug:

Staci & Ivy and Mikanmama like this.
  8. Mikanmama

Oh my Heavens! That is so unbelievable, and at the same time, I can totally see how it can happen!
    (The back of my hair stood up when I read that you had your son's car registration in your car!).
    And 10 of 5pm! Yikes. Don't you hate to have to be so pushed and hurried when you just don't even have a minute to sit down? :spam: Glad you were able to get it done though! Hurray!

The poor bumblebee—the kitties were VICIOUS! I somehow cupped the bee in the plastic cup, put a hot pad over it, and brought it outside. I wasn't sure if it could move anymore, but it surprised me by flying away into the air!
    Hoping for good karma here :p

Hope Ivy continues to slide down and get down to beach soon! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  9. Mikanmama

We gonna have to! :p:p:p

10. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

What a night Staci! :cat: I am sure Ivy did a lot of naps today to recover while you had all the daily hassles! Thank you for sharing your feeding routines. You mentioned that to me the other day and I started to go through your ss to understand how you do it. You are really mindful about everything and I already learned from it. I really hope your trip to the vet tomorrow is worth while and you find someone who is professional enough to deal with a well informed mum like you are. And hopefully you can sleep in your bed tonight and get some rest! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  11. Staci & Ivy

Hi Karolina, well, I guess Nestle got tired of waiting for Ivy today since she was busy all night long. She just coasted along in higher numbers today recovering from her active overnight.
    Hopefully Nestle had good visits from his other friends today. :D:cool:

I’m hoping Ivy can return to some daytime visits when mom can play along with some semblance of being awake and aware. :rolleyes:

Hugs and kisses received and being sent back your way.
    And yes, a mom’s retreat would be so awesome.
    :bighug::kiss::bighug::kiss:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  12. Staci & Ivy

Yes!!! Would be great! :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

13. Staci & Ivy

Hi Heike, thank you for your kind support. You’re so sweet. I’m glad that the spreadsheet is helpful to you. Maybe it gives you some ideas. :)
    It’s good that we can learn from each other because we certainly can’t figure it all out on our own.

Ivy did take some nice naps today, she’s good at that. I hope Binie is doing better today and you are also doing well. I’ll check on you guys in a little bit.
    It’s been a busy day around here getting ready for tomorrow and seeing the vet.
    I have to check on her nails in a little bit and see if I need to cut those tonight before she slashes the vet and his crew. I never want that to happen. ;)
    Hope you have a restful sleep and a safe surf :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  14. JLS12

JLS12 Member

That was a crazy string of green last night!

Good wishes for the vet visit tomorrow. :bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  15. Staci & Ivy

It was a long night. Thanks for the good wishes. Paws crossed he’s a keeper :bighug:

JLS12 likes this.