5/25, Binie AMPS 500, +3 318, +6 156

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Heike & BInie, May 25, 2024.

1. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Last post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-24-binie-lower-night-higher-day.290379/

Good evening,

we are still having problems to inject. This morning she hide under the bed at shottime and hissed at me when I injected, tonight she also hissed when I tried to make a tent. And she is not in a good mood. Her wound from the surgery seems to bother her again and if things are not changing to the better tomorrow, I have to take her to the vet again on monday to give her a local antibiotic treatment with leucase cones. It is really frustrating.

Tonight I injected a full hour earlier by mistake. :( But after two lower cycles she seems to stay up higher tonight.

I really hope she is getting better soon. We haven't had many good days in a row for month.

Hope you all have a beautiful weekend! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Hi Heike, I’m sorry Binie is being difficult for her shots. I know it can be difficult when they aren’t cooperating. Try to be as calm as you can so she doesn’t sense your anxiety. (Easier said than done, I understand ).

I hope the vet will give you some suggestions to help her wound feel better. I’m sure that makes her in a bad mood if she feels unwell from that, too.

Sending you positive energy for healing and calm for both of you. And some gentle hugs, too.
    I hope you both rest easy tonight :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh Heike I'm so sorry her wound from the surgery seems to be bothering her , poor baby has been through so much . Sending you lots of hugs and kisses to Binie :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie and Staci & Ivy like this.
  4. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thank you so much Staci! It is really a difficult time and I wonder what explanation the vet has and what we can do about it. I took her temperature tonight and it is increasing. At injection time she ran away from me. Anyhow I managed a few minutes later but I don't know how this goes on. I try to bother her not so much but after I took her temperture she hided under the bed where I can not reach her. :( Hope you and Ivy are fine and you are having a nice evening! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  5. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thanks so much Diane! :bighug::bighug::bighug: Yes, she has been trough a lot lately and sometimes I wonder, if it is all in her best interest. I don't know. I hope the vet has a quick-fix for the wound. Somehow it looks quite similar to what she had before the surgery. I really hope she feels better soon. I will give her hugs and kisses from you, that always helps. Thank you! Hope you and Tyler are very well! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Oh I’m sorry to hear her temperature is up. Is there something you are giving her for a fever?
    How are you taking her temperature? Is she letting you do that ok?

Last night Ivy was fighting me at shot time. So I gave her a few minutes to settle down. She went into another room and I let her get settled in there and then I came in and I was able to give her the shot. Sometimes I think they just get worked up and we need to try to let them calm down a little. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I do hope Binie feels better overnight and you can try to get some rest.
    I hope you’re able to speak to the vet to get some answers.
    We are sending you prayers and lots of support and hugs, Heike
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  7. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Binie was not really having fever yesterday but a temperature which is unusually high for her. I thought maybe that was because of the infection. I can not take Binies temperature the proper way through the rectum but my vet told me there is one in-ear thermoscan which is almost reliable (but not 100 %) for cats. I bought that and even though it is easier than measuring the temperatur through the rectum it is also a struggle with Binie to put something deep into her ear. So she is always quite stressed out and I don't know 100 % sure if I got the right measurement. But I get a good tendency if there is a problem or not.

I am sorry to hear that Ivy is also not easy at shottime sometimes. On the other hand it encourages me, because I know you also manage even though it is difficult. I hope we will manage too. Thank you so much for your support and prayers Staci! I will give an update about the visit to the vet later on in a new post. Hope you and Ivy are fine! :bighug::bighug::bighug: