6/13 - Zen - AMBG 65 - OTJ Trial Day 10

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Emily + Zen, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Yesterday's thread

Happy Sunday, everyone! :bighug:

We made it to Day 10. I heard Zen's SureFeed open at about 6:15 (about 45 minutes before AMBG) this morning, and I suspect that's why we've been seeing numbers anywhere between the 40's and 70's in the mornings. That and, with the new 6x day feeding schedule, I suppose we might be seeing a little bump right before PMBG. Either way, I'm not going to fret about it, since he's still green.

Re: the possible ear infection (yesterday's thread): I'm going to go with the Zymox Otic (seems to have been the popular vote) unless anyone has had experience with the VetraSeb TRIS Flush or the other two. Thanks for the input, @carfurby, @Bandit's Mom, and @Sienne and Gabby (GA)! :D

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hope you figure out the ear infection. Poor Zen. In other news, HAPPY DAY 10! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Emily + Zen likes this.
  3. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the ear infection and your choice of meds. Zen is still looking good.

Emily + Zen likes this.
  5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be fretting about these numbers at all! Zen is doing fabulous on his OTJ trial.
    Poor Zen and his ears. Is he getting anti-fungal drops for the yeast infection? Butters is also scratching hers a lot...found she has a bacterial infection though we suspect an allergy as possible underlying cause. Her vet sold me Pro-Concepts Oti Scrub to clean her ears (and otic antibiotic), but it stinks of fragrance so I wouldn't recommend it. If you are sensitive to fragrance, it might be something to check for before you make the purchase.

Emily + Zen likes this.
  6. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Much appreciated, @Butters & Lyla! :bighug: The Zymox is antibacterial and antifungal, so hopefully that'll clear it right up. :D

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Happy Day 10 Zen ! :cat:

Emily + Zen likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 10! I hope the Zymox helps.

:):):cat::):):D:D:cat::D:D

Emily + Zen likes this.
  9. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

My second fav OTJ day (behind #14) because it's 10-frame day :p
    :D:D:D:D:D
    :D:D:D:D:D

Hope Zen's ears clear up :bighug:

Emily + Zen likes this.
  10. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I feel like this is the longest two weeks of my life and it's not even my cat! :smuggrin: He's looking great

Emily + Zen likes this.
  11. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Right there with you, Melissa! :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

Thanks, all!!! Hope you had a peaceful Sunday.