6/8 Ruby AMPS 86/+3.5 50/+4.5 60/+6 60/PMPS 71/+3 61

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday on I, Ruby. :cat:

Got the purr alarm again this morning with bonus headbutts. ✅
    Ate 4.5 ounces of food yesterday, down from her usual 6 ounces, but still eating. ✅
    Somewhat higher AMPS today, for Ruby at least, but still green. ✅

Healing thoughts for all of the sick kitties and hugs to everyone. Happy Tuesday. :bighug::bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice on the purr alarm. I hope Ruby keeps eating for you. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

3. mosi_yazhi

mosi_yazhi Member

Go, Ruby, go! Hope she continues eating for you. :)

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so happy she is eating and purring and her numbers look good. I hope you have a peaceful and happy day despite what you are going through with your girl.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  5. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

6. Katherine&Ruby

+3.5 = 50. Ruby nibbled a bit at her breakfast, hence the steep drop from AMPS. Think she was holding out for some yummy tuna + salmon MC. I managed to get her eat about half of what she normally eats. Upping her ondansetron dose to 3 times per day and added Cerenia as well last night. Might have to do some cyproheptadine as well today.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  7. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Yes, you just have to play around with those anti-nausea meds to see what works for your cat. Hugs to Ruby today! I like how she wakes you up!

8. Katherine&Ruby

I feel like I'm playing a game of roulette. And figuring out the best time to give everything is giving me a little headache. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

9. Katherine&Ruby

PMPS = 71. I gave Ruby some cypro this afternoon because she would not touch her food. I've used it before on her to little effect but today was different. She has been hounding me for food for 4 hours. :eek::eek::eek: Gah! There has to be some happy medium between feast or famine.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How much cypro did you give? I've heard some people give a dose they called "a crumb". It can be powerful stuff with some cats. Paws crossed the anti-nausea cocktail does it's thing soon.

11. Katherine&Ruby

Her vet prescribed ¼-½ of a 4 mg tablet. I had used ¼ before and it never seemed to register with Ruby, so I tried ½ today. Live and learn!

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Katherine, Ruby is still getting beautiful numbers. Always in my prayers ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021