7/10 Ruby AMPS 204/+3 107/+5 118/+8 100/PMPS 192/+2 207

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday on Miss Ruby's Neighborhood.

It's the weekend, finally! Cats have been following me around the house a lot and sleeping curled up next to me every night. Wish I could take them to work with me as I miss being around them all day long. Ruby's been doing well, eating her fuds, asking to be let out, and generally being a good cat.

Healing thoughts for all of the sick kitties and hugs to you beans. Enjoy your Caturday!

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 8.53.08 AM.png

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new job and hope you are settling into your new routine :bighug: I'm sure the kitties are excited to have you home for the weekend :cat::cat:

3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning Katherine, so happy Ruby is doing well. Hope Olive is as well. Your first weekend must feel extra special after being out most of the week being a career woman :joyful: and missing your girls. Have a lovely weekend . See you later. Hugs

4. Katherine&Ruby

Thanks, Susanne! Hope you, Benji, and the kiddos are doing well!

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. Katherine&Ruby

It does! All I wanna do is nap. :p The cats will be happy about that!

6. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

7. Katherine&Ruby

In other news, Ruby pooped! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

8. Katherine&Ruby

...and a steep, post-poop BG drop. Looking forward to a nice stretch of greens today.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  9. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Yesssss!!!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  10. Katherine&Ruby

No green yet. A little pred bump, but not a terrible one.

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Katherine , I'm glad Ruby is feeling good and we had a poop
    Dealing with Tyler :banghead: has URI, Long Story . Of course I'm a nervous wreck
    Counting down the days with you for Ruby's oncology visit ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I did a thread today about Tyler

12. Katherine&Ruby

It can't happen any sooner, Diane. Sadly I won't be able to go with her to the oncologist appointment because I didn't want to ask for a day off during my 2nd week of work at the new job, so DBF is taking the day off to drive to the hospital with Ruby. They're still not allowing people into exam rooms at AMC, so it's best this way and the doctor can call me to talk to me about her while I am at work.

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Yeah if they won't allow you in no need to take off, you'll be able to talk to him over the phone ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great Caturday. That comic is amazing. Saving it.

15. Katherine&Ruby

The doctor is a she, and she has published a paper about SCL and LCL in cats, so I'm really hopeful that she will have valuable things to say about Ruby's condition and will be able to take into account her diabetes as well in the treatment plan. I'm curious to know if she will want Ruby to stay on the prednisolone or go for budesonide, but so far she seems to be feeling better on 7.5 mgs of the pred and I have been able to keep her from getting too high by increasing her insulin dose, so we shall see.

16. Katherine&Ruby

Glad you like it! :cat: It gave me a good chuckle this morning so thought I would share it on the occasion of Caturday. :)

smorgasbord likes this.
  17. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Since Ruby is chronically constipated, what do you give her on a daily basis and how much? Slippery Elm? Miralax? And pumpkin?

18. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for poop. Enjoy the weekend with the kitties. :bighug::bighug:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  19. Katherine&Ruby

I found that the magic dose of Miralax for Ruby is ⅜ tsp BID; ⅛ is not enough and ¼ too much. I alternate her fibers every day, ⅛ tsp BID of either pumpkin, SEB, or Kibow Fortis (a supplement suggested on the Raw Feeding for IBD Kitties FB group that contains a yeast based prebiotic). If there's vomiting or diarrhea, I will limit it to SEB. I alternate because it's sort of like varying the veggies you eat to get the broadest amount of nutrients. And I give her ½ cap Visbiome probiotic BID. It's a lot to keep track of!

20. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

It just amazes me how much you do but also how much you know about cat nutrition. Did you take a class :bookworm: or you must have done a ton of reading. How do/did you find the time? I’m so exhausted all the time :(. I read :bookworm: a lot more when I joined the group but now only when I have something I’m worried about :nailbiting:. Unfortunately that’s still too often :rolleyes:. Have a good night Katherine and family. Hugs to all

21. Katherine&Ruby

Because Ruby has diabetes, CKD, and SCL, I've read up on all of these things and joined the social media groups to ask for advice. I'm a little obsessive in this way. :oops: The Raw Feeding for IBD Kitties FB group has been a great resource for feline nutrition as has felineconstipation.org and Tanya's CRF. When Ruby was diagnosed last September I wasn't working much so had time to devote to studying everything said here on the FDMB and elsewhere.