? 7/21 - GIDEON BLUE - AMPS = 398

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Good Morning-

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-20-gideon-blue-amps-337-happy-in-the-pink.232487/

I did not lower Gideon's 2 units BID yet, and trying to see if his bounce clears and we don't go too low mid-day today. Since yesterday at +6 he was in the low GREEN, and this morning his AMPS was in the high PINK, should I test earlier than +6 today? I don't want to test him more than I need to see the big picture.

Though there are so many negatives with the world being impacted by Covid, because of it, I am able to work from home for my day job. I am so thankful for that. It gives me time to be with all my fur babies (and my husband and son), and be able to to TR on Gideon.

Thank you for your thoughts, and have a great day.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I believe with the AT2 he's earned a reduction with that low green yesterday. You may want to double check with your protocol and the AT2 meter - and perhaps @carfurby can add to that...but its best to take the reductions when warranted.

Glad you're working from home too!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

He is clearing the bounce from last night so you may want to grab a +2 or +3 test to see how fast he is coming down and go from there. He did earn a reduction since you are using the AT2 meter.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He did earn a reduction and she shot through the bounce last night. Because it was barely at the reduction number and he came up easily she’s considering holding the dose. I did have to start waiting for three under with Max but he had been on insulin longer and was not holding reductions.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  5. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

I tested at +4, and his BG=200. Will hold steady at the moment. Just want to do the right thing for my boy.

At +6, his BG = 150, which is a pretty nice number for him.
    At +8, his BG = 79. He just woke from a long nap, and is now eating. Will retest at +9. Food really effects him.
    At +9 his BG=102
    PMPS = 277

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020