7/29 Samba PMPS 187 +1 160 +2 123 +3 49 +3.66 28 +4.33 46 +4.66 71 +5 114 +5.5 120 +6 123 +8 140

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah Mc, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah Mc

Sarah Mc Member

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

You must be tired today! Don't stay up on the trampoline Samba. Congrats on the reducie!

Sarah Mc likes this.
  3. Sarah Mc

Sarah Mc Member

Thank you!! Osha's numbers are looking great. I think I read the other day you had said Osha let you sleep till 9:30, lol.

Osha likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Just checking in to see how it's going. I see the bounce already has cleared. Here's to a calmer night.

Sarah Mc likes this.
  5. Sarah Mc

Sarah Mc Member

Thanks for checking on us!! Gearing up for round 2, it appears :confused:
    I am grateful that his bounces seem to be clearing more rapidly.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like Samba is one of those kitties for whom shooting through the bounce is no longer a good option. Up Samba!

I hope you are well stocked on chocolate for the bean.

Sarah Mc likes this.
  7. Sarah Mc

Sarah Mc Member

Ugh...this is awful. Lesson learned...no more shooting through the bounces. Thank you. He went down to 28 but is now at 46. It has been much more difficult than usual to test him (he has probably had enough), and he is only eating when I pick the goo up and let him lick it off my fingers. At least he is eating!

8. Sarah Mc

Sarah Mc Member

Just confirming that tomorrow's dose should still be 2.75u since you don't recommmend back-to-back reductions, right? Or should he take another reduction? Thanks

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yikes on the 28! True on the back to back reductions, but 28 means you have one heck of a depot in combo with the momentum of a bounce braking cycle. One option would be to give him a one time reduced dose tomorrow Am to help drain that overfull depot, then return to 2.75 units. Or try 2.5 and see if he holds it. Regardless, I probably wouldn't shoot 2.75 tomorrow AM unless he shoots to the moon.

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Goodness Samba! He must love his new home!!! I'm glad you got him up.

He might come back down because of that full depot. I know you must be tired after two nights of this.

If he were mine, I'd probably drain the depot a bit in the morning, as Wendy suggested, and then shoot 2.75u. Of course, if he shoots up, you can shoot 2.75u.

Sarah Mc likes this.
  11. Sarah Mc

Sarah Mc Member

This may have been a mistake, but I went ahead with 2.75u, only 'cause I overslept big time this morning, and his shot was two hours late, plus his number was up to 379. I will shoot an hour early tonight if his number isn't low and then shoot 15 min early in the AM to start getting him back on track. If he is low tonight, I will only shoot 15 min early. Thank you so much for your guidance.

12. Sarah Mc

Sarah Mc Member

Omg yes...I think he does love it here!!!

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sounds good. As long as you are there to monitor him to see if the depot is still active, then he will be fine.

I would have made the same choice you did on the dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.