7/7 Ruby AMPS 224/+3 175/+6 156/+9 127/PMPS 88/+2 87/+3 156

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday.

Ruby was a good girl yesterday and woke me up with headbutts and snuggles. I really miss being home with my girls. I’m curious to see where her BGs go today, might increase if we don’t see any greens.

Talked to Olive’s vet and her GI panel came back completely normal. We’re going to go ahead with once weekly B12 and Cerenia as needed but so far she is eating her venison with EZ Complete without incidence.

Surf safely kitties and hugs all around! Have a great day. :bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Olive's GI panel came back normal and she's doing well. I hope Ruby slides down today. I hate having to leave to work 10 hour days and not be home with my cats. :bighug::bighug:

3. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Katherine, I'm glad Olive's GI panel came back normal and she's eating
    Nice to see Ruby has some blues today so far, come in Ruby throw me some greens
    I read yesterday's condo I'm happy your first day went well and went fast.
    We missed you! ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Katherine&Ruby

Carla, it’s so hard being away! I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 10 PM. I think about them all day long at work and I’m itching to sign on here and see what’s going on!

Diane, paws crossed we see some greens tonight. Frank told me she pooped this afternoon so I’m hopeful!! :woot:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Katherine&Ruby

PMPS = 88. We got a green! :D

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good girl Ruby. :D Glad to hear her GI panel was normal too and that she is eating.

I am curious why you are supplementing B12 if her numbers are normal. The SCL group says there is some suspicion extra B12 can feed cancer.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  8. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Please explain the poop connection o_O

9. Katherine&Ruby

This is the vet's suggestion, and it seems like every vet wants to give B12 to a cat with GI issues. I'm not wedded to the idea and I don't have to give it, but it does seem to perk the cats up. Ruby is also getting B12 with her acupuncture, but our last acupuncture appointment is tomorrow, and I want the oncologist to weigh in on everything before we proceed with any more treatments.

10. Katherine&Ruby

Ruby's BGs seem to rise whenever she has to poop and then they come down again when she does the deed. She's chronically constipated, only poops every 4-5 days, so the effort and discomfort seems to impact her BGs.

Suzanne & Darcy and FrostD like this.
  11. Katherine&Ruby

Got an actual blood test at +2 because I keep getting an error with the Libre. Glad to see it aligned with her preshot number. Hope the Libre hasn't conked out already 5 days in; it seems to be on there pretty tight still though so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Ruby's been running around a lot this evening and acting fairly cheerful and lovely.

Liz & Minnie and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  12. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Good mews about the GI panel! Good plan.

13. Suzanne & Darcy

And I have also heard about the B-12 “credible speculation” that B-12 feeds cancer and I have been concerned about it as well in some of my past cats. I can’t remember if I first heard about this on the SCL group or the CKD group. I’ve never seen any literature on it though. I guess I will go off on a research binge on it now and report back - as well as consult friends in the profession to see if they know anything about it.

14. Katherine&Ruby

It's good news that I'm not sure what to do with, since it doesn't explain why Olive pukes all the time.

Please do let us know if you are able to uncover something.

Liz & Minnie and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Katherine, looks like I showed up for Ruby-doo-green. You go Ruby!!!:D I’m sure it’s going to take awhile to be comfortable with being away all day. So happy you have Frank to give the girls lots of love and attention (when possible). I have to admit I miss you lots but I do check on Ruby’s numbers and cheer her on :p I hope she is listening. :cat:Have a good nights sleep, I’ll be thinking of you all. Tell the girls no “funny business”. Talk soon sweet Katherine. They are all so lucky to have you. :joyful:
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Suzanne & Darcy

Any particular protein that sets her off? I bet you have already done a trial. And it’s not hairballs? And it’s not eating too fast/gorging? I bet you’ve already considered all those things too. I understand. You are happy to have a good GI panel but would like answers. I’ve been there, and it leaves me uneasy- not knowing- when I feel like there is a problem … so I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

17. Katherine&Ruby

A lot of it is due to an acidic tummy in the morning. I haven't done a food trial but I have a strong suspicion that it's not about the proteins as I rotate them so often and she has the same reaction, even to novel proteins and those that she doesn't get so often.

18. Katherine&Ruby

Thanks Adrienne! The kitties adore Frank. He gets so busy when he's working but he is a very conscientious person and does his best to make sure he's taking care of them the same way I would. My being away so much is allowing him to get closer to them, which is nice. I miss you guys, too, and miss helping out, but this job is really important for me and the future of the kitties.

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

She has SCL, bowels are thickened and it's harder for things to pass. Probably contributes to the constipation as well. Once the chlorambucil gets to work, hopefully things will get better in those departments.

20. Katherine&Ruby

Olive doesn’t have SCL, Wendy. It’s Ruby with the dx. Sorry it’s confusing talking about two different cats!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  21. Suzanne & Darcy

And do you use Slippery Elm for the acid tummy?