8/8 Disco AMPS 240/+1.25 261/+2.75 321/+7.25 252. The Trickster didn't disappoint on Cycle 13!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA), Aug 8, 2020.

1. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Last condo 8/6: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-6-disco-amps-169-3-291-photo.233277/

As Disco's last visit to the lagoon was on 8/4 and he was at cycle #13 where he usually sees sharks, I increased his dose from 2.75 to 3 yesterday morning and fed him an LC snacks at spot test time, he still found sharks! As he got down to 47, reduced him back to 2.75, though that didn't give him time in the waves much last time...sigh. Patience pants where are you?! I think I might try leaving food down LC or MC ad lib on unlucky 13 next time.

I couldn't get the new Cat Mate feeder to work, even after trying multiple different batteries and watching YouTube videos, so called Chewy.com and they refunded my money and I ordered a different brand, one by Trixie (who makes great interactive cat puzzle toys) but I am also thinking of using the 5 dish feeder I already have and putting a teaspoon of MC in it 2-3 times to get him through the night.

His weight is stable--no less but now more at 14# 6oz, but because he has IBD, when he gets too much 'gravy' food, he will have diarrhea and straining and that happened a couple of days ago. He has this thing called a vasovagal episode and he strains and then vomits immediately. It wasn't a bad one this time, but sometimes he even 'passes out' and it was frightening the first time it happened that I saw (I always worry he could have one when I wasn't around). He has had been scanned/ultrasounded for heart problems and nothing underlying, there. If you want to learn more about vasovagal syndrome, here's a link: https://www.lolatherescuedcat.com/2016/06/vasovagal-syncope-in-cats.html

Today's Daily Disco photo is in honor of World Cat Day, which for cats is efurryday, but nice to be in the spotlight today! We were not sure when or who came up with the idea for a day to honor us cats (since we expect it every day!) but when we googled it, we saw that The Fund for Animal Welfare created International Cat Day way back in 2002.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sorry you had so many problems with the auto-feeder! But glad that Chewy helped out...they're usually pretty good at customer service!

Poor little thing with his episodes. Sounds like that's a popular topic today what with @JoyBee&Ravan and his seizure and now poor Disco with is vasovagal episodes! My goodness...these kitties!

Nice photo for World Cat Day!

3. AliceR

AliceR Member

That vasovagal image had me cracking up. I'm sure it was scary but as someone who is vasovagal myself I think it would be funny to watch my cat pass out and then come to like "What? What?"

I use the PetSafe 5 and freeze servings of food for overnight. Here is a post about that:. https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-for-overnight-petsafe-rotations-safe.233358/

I thought about doing the ice tray filled with diluted food but this just seems easier.

Anyway in Catman's meal plan in my signature you'll see where I indicated when he's fed and which bowl in the PetSafe 5 we use for the 2:00 a.m. +6 feeding and the 5:00 a.m. +9 feeding. He basically eats every 3 hours this way.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Gabby didn't do well with the gluten that's in most gravy based foods. Have you thought about using Karo or honey?

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the new feeder works out. Poor Disco with his episodes. Love the picture.