9/11 Butters PMPS 74/+1 85/+2 79/+3.5 88/+4.5 103/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday I think I would've fed a smaller snack at +10 when she was sliding down toward PMPS time, if I had it to do over. I obviously don't know if giving her MC is why she stayed flat and blue overnight, or if this is the beginnings of the impact of the reduced dose (aka BCS) that I shot the evening of 9/9....or something else.

Have a lovely day/evening, all.

2. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

Have a good day! Hope Butters does well.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Good luck today Butters & Lyla! And only Butters has the answer to your questions and she's doesn't look like she's going to tell us :) FWIW, I don't think the MC snack would impact that late in the cycle, just for the next twoish hours.

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

She's looking great this morning.

You're learning what affects her...keep experimenting! A little more a little less...just keep working with her and keeping your notes :)

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Butters. I hope you get a blue/green surf today.

6. Butters & Lyla

149 @+2.5
    Butters gets a poke break for a few hours!
    I like to ask them out loud so I can refer back to them later. I'll add this to my thoughts: could there be a bounce in play. :)

Much as I'd like to see greens, I am pretty happy with how she looks this morning! It has been a challenge to get her out of high numbers and huge bounces. I hope she has turned a corner and that I can keep her on this path.
    I'm reviewing all of my notes on what I fed and how she reacted, and use that info for next time. I feel very much like I am a student again.:D

7. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Nice start for Butter's, let's just keep it going Butter's
    I hope you have can good day Lyla :bighug::cat:

9. Butters & Lyla

I was not expecting this:
    76 @+6 Fed 1 tsp MC
    54 @+7 Fed 1.5 tsp HC

10. Butters & Lyla

54 @+7.5 Fed 1 tsp MC...hopefully I can get her to surf!

Thanks for giving me 3.5 hours to myself, Butters. Cat-cation 2020 has resumed.

11. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

Our kitties sure do like to keep us on our toes with their surprises! I hope Butters surfs it to pmps!

12. JaxBenji

Hahah, we all knew it would! Go Butters! Stay away from sharks :D:D:D

13. Butters & Lyla

Oops....I gave LC @+6 not MC:
    76 @+6 Fed 1 tsp LC (NOT MC)
    54 @+7 Fed 1.5 tsp HC
    54 @+7.5 Fed 1 tsp MC
    58 @+8 Fed 1/2 tsp MC....because she hasn't gotten that much of a rise in the past hour since I fed HC.
    Let's see where this takes us!

They do! I know 76 is an awesome number but it still made my heart skip a beat. I was almost going to wait another hour to test her. :facepalm:

14. Sue and Luci

So here's my suggestion - as it seems Miss Butters has an agenda. If you find that she's gone from 149 to 76 in a few hours although it's not 100 points, that's a fair drop for her - and that's her signal that she may like to go and visit the sharks...time for a little intervention.

Glad you caught up with her...she appears to love these late day nadirs doesn't she!

15. Butters & Lyla

56 @+8.5..time for a little more HC, Butters! (1 tsp)

16. Butters & Lyla

So I probably should've gone with some MC at that point. Yeah, I was debating it and then went for LC. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

I've gotten into the habit of always getting a test around +2.5 thinking that's going to tell me how the cycle will go.I have to keep in mind that she's a late nadir kitty and so I shouldn't count on that as my barometer for whether I can leave home or not.:D
    Or maybe she was in a bounce overnight last night and this morning, and now it is breaking in dramatic fashion. It is quite the drop.

17. Butters & Lyla

58 @+9 Fed 1.5 tsp HC
    Overdoing it a tad, perhaps. But I'd like to see if I can get her to surfing in the 60s for a change of pace. So I don't have to hover as much.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  18. Butters & Lyla

Odd...your message got posted in duplicate but 40 minutes apart.

19. Butters & Lyla

Nope, I didn't overdo it:
    74 @+9.5 Did not feed
    56 @+10

AliceMeowliss (GA) and LindyNova like this.
  20. Butters & Lyla

That drop at +10:rolleyes:.
    I gave 2 tsp HC and we'll see what she does with it. I'd hoped that the previous carb loading from +9.5 and earlier would have been enough to carry her through to PMPS, but that is not the case.
    I have mainly been giving her just the gravy from the food. And I feel like I'm fighting her so hard to keep her up. I don't wanna delay shot time by too much today. On the other hand, my weekend plans look like they'll be up in smoke anyways if she's gonna pull these stunts, so it doesn't matter if things are delayed.

JaxBenji likes this.
  21. JaxBenji

Hang in there Lyla & Butters! Maybe she is looking for a reduction? You all are doing great :bighug:

22. Butters & Lyla

If she wants it, she'll drop below 50. She's done it with way more carbs than I'm giving her today. :D She has finally turned a corner after months of work, so I'm not going to let her earn a reduction without a fight.;)

Sue and Luci and JaxBenji like this.
  23. JaxBenji

Ha - that's how I felt about Jax! He had to work hard to get his :) I mean if these kitties are going to keep us up all night then they need to put in the work too ;)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  24. Sue and Luci

I deleted the duplicate...I'm not sure what happened there.... I 'thought' I'd posted...had left for a bit...came back and my post was still sitting there - not posted??? So I hit 'reply' again...

Seems the forum is acting a little oddly lately..slow...

Forgive the duplicate! :facepalm:

25. Butters & Lyla

Of course! That happens to me too.
    72 @+10.5 I opted to give her another tsp of HC and move shot time ahead by 30 minutes, since it's okay to move it ahead by 30 minutes in a day anyways.
    Let's see what happens from here. I'm not sure what I'd do if she falls back to the 50s in 30 minutes. I think I'd have to feed her but then we will start to get a big delay in between insulin doses.

26. Butters & Lyla

One hour to go until insulin time...I sure hope she makes it without me needing to prop her up with more food. I'm not overly optimistic, but stranger things have happened. At this point, I won't intervene unless it really looks like she is heading for shark territory.

27. carfurby (GA)

If you haven't shot yet, you may not want to shoot early. An early shot acts like a dose increase.

AliceMeowliss (GA) and JaxBenji like this.
  28. carfurby (GA)

I hope Butters surfs safely tonight.

29. Butters & Lyla

I delayed by 30 minutes to make sure that it was 2 hours from when I last fed Butters.:)
    I am so tired I probably made a mistake somewhere that made you think I was gonna shoot early. Sorry!

30. carfurby (GA)

I may have read it wrong. I'm glad you didn't shoot early.

31. Butters & Lyla

Exactly! :D I'm not letting her off the hook that easily. Let's see what happens tonight. She may "reward" me with a PJ Party.

JaxBenji likes this.
  32. Butters & Lyla

74 @PMPS Fed 1 tsp LC & 1 tsp MC
    85 @+1 No food

33. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hey Lyla, Butter's is really putting you through the ringer
    You must be so tired, you are doing an amazing job keeping up with her
    Just stop these shannigans Butter and give your momma a break :bighug::cat:

34. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

I think she really wants that reduction....tonight will tell. You did great today. :)

35. Butters & Lyla

lol, right! I love the green numbers....I also love sleep. I wanna know what the secret is to having both green numbers AND sleep. :D

36. Butters & Lyla

Thanks. :)
    I think she may be getting close to earning that reduction, too. She'll have to fight for it, though. She does make it clear when she really wants one, though: All of the carbs I gave her today would not have kept her out of the 40s. I think the August 7th is a good example of her really wanting a reduction. My mistake back then was taking a reduction August 6th because she hit 49 very briefly. Now I know that she'll really tell me when she wants it. :D

Sue and Luci and LindyNova like this.
  37. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Whoa! Another great number day for Butters! She is on a roll :D:D:D

38. Butters & Lyla

This may be because she has finally figured out that more green numbers = more snacks.

39. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Yay snacks!

40. Butters & Lyla

10 hours of surfing in the lagoon today! A new Butters record.
    I'll set an alarm just in case she decides to go back there.

41. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

For me personally, if I have to prop my girl up alllll day with higher carbs and she still persistently hangs close to the hypo line, I might consider that to count towards a reduction.
    On TR for long term diabetics reductions are taken if they fall below 40, or below 50 three times. If I prop her up (like you did today all day) before she gets below 50, I’ll consider that as one of my three.

I hope you are able to get some rest tonight. I too have been exhausted lately! :bighug: Butters, please surf safely, thanks!!!

Erin and Moe (GA) likes this.
  42. Butters & Lyla

Fair point! It is a lot of work to keep her surfing but my girl just got some decent green numbers so I don't wanna give up on them that easily, even if it is probably to the detriment of my health and definitely my life. :)
    When Butters wants a reduction, no amount of propping will keep her from falling below 50. But I don't see that as a dangerous thing. For me, falling under 50 is the point where a reduction is taken, not the hypo line. I believe Butters is safe; I'm just without a life. I wanna let her ride this dose a bit more if I can.
    I hope you get some rest! This sugar dance, it is exhausting!:bighug:

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  43. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

I already figured I exchanged a year or two of my life to keep Alice going for another year or two herself. Haha. It is definitely draining at times! Most all of us have sacrificed at least a bit of normal life for our sugarcats. I have literally left social outings to give my cat insulin. It’s maybe a little hilarious because to some people it sounds like an excuse... but it’s true!
    I’ll take one less year of my life and give it to her, happily. It means more for her than it does me. :)

44. Butters & Lyla

I couldn't agree more on all counts. I'm sleeping little, constantly forgetting to eat, and was so stressed about Butters' high numbers. lolol. So yep, I lose years off my life and she gains time.:joyful: When I try to make any kind of plan, I immediately throw out the caveat that I can only do it if Butters will let me. So ya, I get judged regularly by my family and my friends. :rolleyes: I completely understand what you're saying. I'd do anything for Butters; she is family.