9/11 Sissy AMPS 383, +2 268, +3 210, +6 77, +9.5 115 PMPS 132

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandy S, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-199-5-147-8-113-pmps-237-2-255-3-232.235041/

I really feel like one unit is not enough. I think we should go back to 1.25 and then work on my question from last night linked above about how to modify TR so I'm okay with doing it and can keep my anxiety down. Sissy was doing so good...but now we're heading backwards it looks like and I don't want to wait it out. Unless there is a real need that I do.

Editing and removing the ? from thread title and adding I shot 1 unit, couldn't wait any longer but hopefully can figure out a plan today.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

How low are you willing for Sissy to go ? Do you want to take reductions for example at 60? 70? 80?

Critter Mom and Mandy S like this.
  3. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Maybe 70?
    My main worry is shooting lower than I have before and then sending her too low. I think the lowest I shot was 149 and I know people shoot a lot lower on TR. I don't know how to tell if its okay to shoot and I'm afraid of a time I would need help and nobody is here. At least till I have some experience doing it.

4. tiffmaxee

What about a modified SLGS? Instead of reductions under 90 lower that number a little?

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Oh..well that might work better. I have to leave for an appointment in just a bit so I will think on it and will come.back later!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

With SLGS you wait a week on a dose and with TR you do more often as earned? I like that idea of moving faster I think.

Big drop for +2.

7. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Just got home and tested her and she's 77...crazy drops today.

8. tiffmaxee

Likely the bounced cleared. It means another .25 reduction with SLGS.

9. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

But not if we do a modified version and not reduce till 70?
    Her numbers have all been higher since the last reduction...won't reducing her make it go up even more? :confused:

When a Kitty goes lower than 50..if you have the right supplies you can usually bring them up with no problem? The idea of it is so scary to me, but I really want to move her along. Though I know it's a marathon not a race.

10. tiffmaxee

I was able to bring Max up. He never had a symptomatic hypo. Look art his last ss and see how many tests I did when he dropped under 50. I thought the idea was to reduce stress. You are going camping soon I thought I read. Do you really want to have to test him that much? My okd license plate read NDCISIV. You need it, lol.

Critter Mom likes this.
  11. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

omg, I know I do. lol It's part of the myriad of symptoms that go along with my anxiety/mental health issues. You should see what actually goes on in my brain 24/7.

We are leaving for camping on Tuesday. I was just thinking there has to be a better fit for Sissy than what I'm doing. She was doing really well numbers wise and if I'd just not been a chicken about shooting she'd probably be better off. I hate seeing her numbers climb back up.

12. tiffmaxee

Why don’t you decide now to continue as is and revisit this after you return from camping? Just my $.02 fwiw!

13. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Elise, would she be able to do a modified TR with reductions at 70? She tests enough.

I agree that waiting until you're back from camping to decide though. :D

Mandy S likes this.
  14. tiffmaxee

If she wants to I think so but another thought she had was SLGS with a lower reduction number. The main issue is her fear of having her drop at night with nobody around to be with her.

Panic likes this.
  15. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Gotcha, I just figured reductions at 70 whether on SLGS or TR would be the same "risk", and Mandy seems like she prefers increasing sooner than SLGS allows.

Just thinking out loud, Mandy! :D I don't have any experience with modified protocols.

Mandy S likes this.
  16. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Think out loud all you want! :D I was thinking about TR because it does increase sooner....but I'm so new at this I wasn't sure what changes I need to make where to make it work to fit us.

Panic likes this.
  17. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

So she's at 135 for PMPS. If I stick with SLGS just modified I take reductions at 70?
    I just goofed up and let her eat. I realize I should have waited and tested her again in a little bit. She was fussing for food and wiggling a lot tonight and as soon as her test was done I set the food down and started putting the numbers in her sheet and realized as I was typing it what I'd done.
    I picked it back up now she's floor surfing for anything to eat.
    Should I shoot a lower dose or just wait now because I let her eat. Urgh:facepalm:
    @tiffmaxee @Panic

18. tiffmaxee

I think it’s okay that you fed. She’s not so low. Let her eat. The reason to stall would be to see if she’s going up or down at PMPS. It’s higher than your last test.

19. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Auto-pilot will get you every time!
    I'm not great with dosing advice in low numbers ... she did do alright a couple weeks ago when you gave full dose on that 149 though.

Mandy S likes this.
  20. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

So as far as shooting...do I do the 1 unit we've been doing or reduce.

21. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

We're still on lantus and same food?

22. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Was it? I can't find anything in the SS about either.

23. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

You might be thinking of Billo :p

Mandy S likes this.
  24. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

We are on the same food we've been feeding since the beginning....and same insulin..just had a reduction since.

25. tiffmaxee

OMG. I was responding to another thread. You have shot these numbers before. That’s why there was no reason to stall. And she was higher than the last test. The only question is the reduction.

Mandy S likes this.
  26. tiffmaxee

Are you going to make 70 your reduction number?

27. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Yeah, I shot the 149 before. This would be similar. I'm thinking 70 would be okay for her? Don't you?
    Thinking about your waiting till after camping advice tho...we'll be at a new place and I have no idea about cell signal there. So thinking just take the reduction at 90 and wait?
    I know if her numbers go up this week though I will feel bad...she's been peeing more the last few days when it had cut back some. It's hard when you see what its doing to them.

28. tiffmaxee

Shoot 0.75. Wait until you return. Read what I wrote above. Stop second guessing yourself. PLEASE! No emojis still on my end so hugs.

Critter Mom likes this.
  29. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

You mean .75? We had reduced to 1 down from 1.5 and 1.25.

Panic likes this.
  30. tiffmaxee

Yes. My typing is not doing well.

Mandy S likes this.
  31. tiffmaxee

Did you shoot yet?

Mandy S likes this.
  32. tiffmaxee

Looks like you did. Thank you.

33. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Yep, I got it in. Just need to adjust my timers to back track shot time tomorrow. No biggee.

Earlier today you said Sissy probably bounced and cleared it. This is going to be a really dumb question probably...more than one actually, but was that what was going on the last 2 days? Her numbers have been higher since reduction, but then today she dropped 100 points two times and then kind of leveled out...well not really, dived then climbed again. How is it her body just needs .75 when at the beginning we saw these numbers she needed so much more. Is her body working better? If her numbers creep up at the .75 does that mean she really needs more? That's the only reason I think when we get back I'd like to try a modified TR because I don't see a point in waiting a week if she needs to go up...and I can test more as long as my schedule stays similar to what it is now.

Thanks for your help and patience. I know I'm no picnic at times. If I could figure out a way to make my brain shut off, believe me, I would. lol

34. tiffmaxee

No such things as dumb questions except the ones you never ask. When a cat gets into numbers they aren’t used to the body reacts and they go high. That’s why we say green and blue cycles are pancreas healing cycles. The more time they spend in normal numbers they get used to them. Sissy hit lower numbers so she bounced. Pretty soon she will likely bounce less and less and clear them faster. As the pancreas starts working they require less insulin. We can’t predict what will happen next. Cut yourself some slack. She’s doing well. Let yourself relax a little and enjoy your vacation. Don’t even think about what you want to do here until you come back. Just my suggestions. Don’t mean to tell you what to do. Well maybe a little bit.

Critter Mom, Katie_Waz and Mandy S like this.
  35. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

That makes sense. Thank you. :cat: :bighug:

36. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Snap! With knobs on.

Mogs

Mandy S likes this.
  37. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

I'm new hear and was just trying to read through some threads. Your questions, your fears and the answers you got align quite a bit with mine. It helped me to read through this and I thought it might help you to read through my posts on Henri. The lower numbers terrify me too but I am starting to get used to them.

Mandy S and tiffmaxee like this.
  38. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Thank you! I will definitely check out your posts. :) The lower numbers are scary for sure. It's not as bad as it was when we started. So thankful for everyone here! I'd be lost without this place.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  39. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

absolutely!
    I just went up in dose and her numbers are higher then they have been. I thought a higher dose would've brought her numbers down more. This is so confusing!