9/14 Alice AMPS 294 +2.5 336 +3.5 297 +7 238 PMPS 250 +4 59 +6 69 +7.5 100

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Sep 14, 2020.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...5-43-6-4-111-8-6-104-pmps-229-3-5-145.235243/

She has had a great appetite this morning!! Bright eyed! Chirpy and cheerful! Asked for food! I’m so glad to see it. She look like crud last night and didn’t snuggle much. She woke me up for feeds a few times. She had her last meal around +9.5-+10 from PM. We got through a whole can over the past day I think and opened a new one this morning at last call snack. :D
    I also heard her have a decently long pee this morning so she is better hydrated.

I myself am still deeply fatigued and in some pain today so I’m dragging.

But she has had her antibiotic for the morning, Cosequin sprinkles and beef liver sprinkles on food, water mixed with all food, and again, just the best appetite. So far so good.

Wondering if I should do subq fluids earlier in the day (I’ve been doing it late, at last call before PMPS) just to keep her hydration up. Starting a new bag which is nice because the pressure/flow seems a little faster and easier to get more in. It was super helpful last night a friend of mine who is former fire/EMT was available and helped be my IV stand and line clamper and knows how to apply bag pressure safely to encourage flow at the end of the bag. It was nice to have an assistant who was more intrigued than anxious! :)

Hope everyone has a safe surf today. Xo

2. AliceMeowliss (GA)

She has eaten 3/4 can (roughly 75 kcal) since 8am!!!! We haven’t gotten through a whole 3oz can of the Koha in a day hardly even. I’m so excited!!! :D

3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

So glad Alice is eating today :bighug:

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great update for Alice. I hope you can get some rest. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yay Alice! So happy to hear she is bright-eyed and eating well.
    I hope you can take some time to take care of yourself soon.

6. THH & Snowcrash (GA)

THH & Snowcrash (GA) Member

I tend to err on the side of giving fluids when a cat may need them if the cat tolerates the fluid therapy well.

7. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Watch with sound, here she is making her cute little chirping noises

We got her through a whole 3oz 108kcal can in less than 12 hours!!! Whoo!

and here she is, finally able to expend a small bit of energy chasing the red dot :D

8. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Hey all, on a bag of LRS, how much fluid is in the bag above the number 1? Because tonight we only got down to the 1 on this fresh bag before she finished her meal and was about to hop up. I don’t want her to knick herself so I pulled the needle out and didn’t force her. I’m also trying to positively reinforce with her beef liver treats, wanting this to be an easy experience for her so that she and I both remain less anxious during the process. I may never get as comfortable with this as I am with the insulin and testing. That needle... whew.

81A1C7D6-9B21-460F-9E3B-D018F2CA078A.jpeg

Where the dashed lines are, around there, to the 1?? I should have marked where we started even though it was a fresh bag. :facepalm: Now I know for next time. This is my first fresh bag at home.

Just trying to estimate how much she got. :)

9. THH & Snowcrash (GA)

THH & Snowcrash (GA) Member

She got about 100mL.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What a great Alice report! Love the chirps. And good job you on the 100 ml. :)

11. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Wonderful!! I just counted the numbers down on the bag and realized duhhhhh it makes sense now. :D Thanks!

12. AliceMeowliss (GA)

She had a 59 tonight, but that’s because in part anyway, I took a nap after her shot. She needed a feeding. She’s eating well so I may skip the Mirataz tonight and see how she is tomorrow, if she still needs it.

13. AliceMeowliss (GA)

I checked the litter box... more kinda weird poops. How can a tiny girl have such large bowel movements? They can’t be comfortable to pass. I’m still not sure what to make of that issue. I need to do megacolon research.

69 @ +6! what nice greens tonight. Now that she is motivated to eat on her own I may need to start using the timed feeder again. And then safely get sleeps again! It felt good to get a sleep cycle in after her shot though so now I feel more alert for this middle of the night point.

She had a really comfortable looking deep sleep after +4 meal, with cute snores and all. She just keeps looking better and better and better. I love it. I was afraid she was done with everything and here she is again proving she is her bio-mama’s baby, same survivor attitude. Many extra kitty lives. :D

eta: poop talk :p
    shhh don’t judge, I got into the box with gloves on and dissected the recent bowel movements. It’s data even if I don’t know how to interpret it all yet.
    1. One of them, though very large in diameter, was softer!!! This is a positive compared to how they were like rocks before. Fluids must be helping. I have been using tiny sprinkles out of 1/8 tsp miralax over the course of the past couple of days, it’s very very little so I’m not sure if that has played much role yet. I’m going slow with it to keep an eye on her hydration.
    2. IBD and beef concerns: the poop stinks. She stunk on her old friskies w chicken. No smell at all with the ziwipeak lamb. Concerns that maybe I’m still not getting the right novel protein for her.
    3. But she is on Clavamox now so I guess I can’t make decisions on what any of her bowel movements mean until she has been off of them for a couple weeks and had some good probiotics.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  14. AliceMeowliss (GA)

+7.5 is 100, we made it through almost two whole cans in 22 hours, about 200 calories. She is having another small snack. I’m soooo getting a nap in now that she dug out her blue dress :cool:

thebigfuzz and carfurby (GA) like this.