9/15 Butters AMPS 76/+10 68/PMPS 72/+1 67/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    I thought we had an agreement that Butters was to nadir around +5. It was what she'd been doing for a number of cycles. Overnight it looked like she had her nadir at +5, but then she decided it would be fun to keep me guessing and didn't actually nadir until +8. :confused:

Have a lovely day/evening, all.

2. Butters & Lyla

@carfurby This same vet also ditched us as her patient because Butters' bouncing freaked her out; she had no idea what was going on with her numbers going from green to pink and back. It's weird how I still 100% believe her comment about Butters NEVER going into remission, even though she doesn't seem to know much about FD.
    I agree with you, though. I just want Butters to be happy and healthy, whether she goes OTJ or not.

Pamela & Amethyst likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Oh Butters :p Determined to make the most of Catcation 2020 :D And she surfed with LC? This is a win, right? Good job :bighug: Hope Butters surfs safely today!

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great start for Butters. I hope she surfs safely today.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Laughable...doesn't seem to know 'much'...how about nothing??? ha! I don't mean to be mean...but it just puts my teeth on edge when I hear over and over again about how little vets know about FD...:p

I'm so glad you and Butters are here! I know she's working you for all it's worth - but Oh WOW! Look at those numbers! She is getting better by the day...and night too...:woot::woot:

Hope you can get a nap today!

Have a good day you two..terrific start too!

6. Butters & Lyla

She did surf with LC:woot: I used 10% LC at +10 just in case she was still diving down before AMPS, though.

thebigfuzz and JaxBenji like this.
  7. Butters & Lyla

I don't think you're being mean. I spent time searching for a vet who knew something about FD. Her vet clinic had a decently written blog post on FD, and I asked them a bunch of questions that they answered reasonably well before we spent the $$$ on switching vets. Clearly didn't help! :facepalm:
    There is no way I could have helped her without the people on the board. :bighug: So thankful that Google led me here.

8. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Wow. Look at all that green for Butters. Very nice. And I'm so impressed that she will let you test her so often. She's a trooper. Jazzy would be a huge jerk :woot:

Hope she continues improving. And I hope you get some sleep, my goodness. Lol

Have a great day!

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Lyla just look at all those beautiful greens.
    I hope you can get a cat nap in today. Kisses for Butters :bighug::cat:

10. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hang in there Lyla! I see you and Butters working hard today :bighug:

11. Butters & Lyla

So healing....yet so much work. This feels like the longest cycle ever. I am lucky Butters would deal with almost anything for some freeze dried chicken. It doesn't matter how many times I poke her ears, when I flip the top of the test strips open she runs to our testing spot and lies down.
    Thusfar:
    76 AMPS Fed 2.5 tsp LC (2 - 3%)
    72 @+1
    54 @+2 Fed 1/2 tsp HC gravy
    59 @+2.5 Fed 1 tsp LC (10%)
    61 @+3 Fed 1/2 tsp LC (2 - 3%)
    58 @+3.75
    52 @+4.25 Fed 1/2 tsp HC gravy + 1/2 tsp LC (2 - 3%)
    59 @+5
    59 @+5.5 Fed 1 tsp LC (10%)
    52 @+6.5 Fed 1 tsp MC (15%)

thebigfuzz likes this.
  12. Butters & Lyla

70 @+7.25. Congratulations Butters, you just earned yourself a one hour poke break. :joyful:

thebigfuzz and Pamela & Amethyst like this.
  13. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

:eek::D:D:D:D:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: I switched VETS 3 times before I found one who we LOVE! She supports home testing and Cabergoline and thinks that the FDMB is a wonderful support for Amethyst and I :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

LOL

I can almost hear the edge in your voice! It’s been a lonng week huh?

15. Butters & Lyla

Little bit.:rolleyes: I've gone out only once all week, and it was to buy...cat food.:rolleyes:
    But she's healing! So I don't begrudge her my time too much.
    Lol, yep, definite edge.:D Or a lack of sleep.

thebigfuzz likes this.