9/19 Bama Kitty AMPS 179 +10 544; PMPS 434 +2.5 493

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bama Kitty Mom (GA), Sep 19, 2021.

1. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's possible this may be his nadir and he heads up from here. If you can monitor, I would advise that you give the full shot.

He could be nauseous and some more Ondanestron could help?

3. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

He is eating well this morning; about to give his full 4.5 dosage as I don't think he has earned a reduction. I fed him some med carb wet food + Dr. Elsey's Salmon kibble. Will take a reading @ +1 and go from there. Thanks Bhooma for being here. :bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Glad to hear this :bighug:

Actually, he is due for an increase with SLGS. He has been on this for over a week now. Let's see how he does today and take a call. Maybe the dose increase threat wil work! :)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  5. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Unfortunately, last week I had 2 back to back fur shots plus 1 scaredy cat reduction which I believe set us back two or three cycles. Was thinking doing a curve 9/20 or 9/22 and increase if necessary. Could be he'll bounce again soon.

6. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS this morning, Gina. I'm glad he is eating better today. Congratulations on the game. Down to the wire. :eek:

7. Bandit's Mom

With SLGS the cycle count does not restart after a skipped shot or a furshot. That's only with TR since the protocol is an aggressive one. In any case, this is your 9th continuous cycle on this dose. Enough to give you an idea of what it can do.

If he bounces from the AMPS, I would look at increasing tomorrow. If he doesn't, today would be a good day to do a curve.

8. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Thanks! I can't handle these close games. If Alabama isn't 4 or 5 touchdowns ahead by 2nd quarter, I start to worry. :nailbiting: Such is the ruination of winning, expectations run high and courage runs low. :rolleyes:

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  9. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Another bounce. . . . Bhooma thinks I should look at increasing tomorrow but if he is bouncing, should I wait for the bounce to clear first?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I always thought you were supposed to wait for the bounce to clear before an increase. Let's see if she is still around @Bandit's Mom

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd increase in the morning since his nadirs have been in the increase the dose range this past week.

12. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Thanks Carla! He seems to be seesawing. AMPS was 159 which must have led to the bounce up to 544 @ +10; now at PMPS he is on his way down @ 434. What a puzzle this is becoming. I'm thinking I'll take a +3 and one or two more and feeding after each one if he continues on the downtrend. Am I correct in thinking that an increase probably won't affect the immediate cycle it occurs in but more so in the next cycle or two?

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

With some cats you can see the effects of an increase right away. With others it can take a couple of cycles. It's always a good idea to keep a close eye when you first increase until you learn what Bama Kitty will do.