? 9/2 Myrtle - AMPS 355, +6 182, PMPS 88 - do I shoot?what dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Myrtlesmum, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Myrtlesmum

Myrtlesmum Member

Myrtle is still all over the place - due to shoot her PMPS now. I'm thinking of waiting a few hours and do an 18 hour cycle? Not sure of the right thing to do here.....

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Do you have the condo url from yesterday that you could copy/paste here in your new condo? I think there was some discussion yesterday wasn't there? I'll see if I can find it...

Stall, no food, test again - let's see where she's headed.

88 is a safe number to shoot if you can be around to monitor. Looks like your first time shooting a low number, right?

And Myrtle has finally gotten to where she's showing you some nice numbers...

Do you have medium and high carb foods on hand if she goes lower?

3. Myrtlesmum

Myrtlesmum Member

Thanks Sue. Here is the link to yesterday's thread https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/help-please-myrtle-amps-322-7-362-9-383-pmps-398.234385/. I've never shot a number this low as prior to Myrtle's numbers starting to go wonky in July, 0.25 to 0.5 were enough to keep her on an average AMPS/PMPS of 144-160. So if she is heading back to normal (fingers crossed), I probably wouldn't shoot 88. I think I've just talked myself into stalling - I'm home the next couple of days so if it's ok if I need to do odd times.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

With SLGS you don't shoot a number below 90. She is also clearing a bounce and could keep going down tonight. I think either skipping or stalling is the best thing to do right now. It also depends on how she is eating and if you can monitor tonight.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Myrtlesmum

Myrtlesmum Member

Thanks Carla. Myrtle had a low carb dinner just after PMPS and she is now 194 an hour later. I think I'll wait another hour to let the food influence clear and then shoot if her bg is still on the rise. Just not sure what to shoot? Surely not a full dose? Maybe a half dose (0.6 ) ?

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

With food in the mix I'm not sure what to suggest. If you're sure she is going up and not influenced by the food you can probably shoot her normal dose as long as you can monitor. Remember your next shot should be 12 hours from whatever time you shoot PMPS.

Myrtlesmum likes this.