9/20 Ruby AMPS 262/+3 182/+6 212/+10 243/PMPS 192

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday.

Ruby woke me up with headbutts and purrs today. ✅ :cat:

She is eating up a storm and is feeling better. Her poops are still a little runny but she went in the litterbox a few times last night rather than leaving puddles around the house so that is good. I had to fight Ruby to get a small dab of ointment in her eye this morning and gave up. Spoke to her primary DVM, and she said to stop the antibiotic if she is reacting so strongly and see if the URI clears up on its own, and same with the eye ointment. I'll see what Ruby's oncologist says about all of this as well on Wednesday. All of this might be cleared up by then.

Her BG is coming down this morning and it looks like she didn't do too badly even though we skipped her shot last night to have a bit of a life. :cool:

Hope everyone has a beautiful Monday, and surf safely kitties! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Ruby is eating and doing better. I hope she keeps sliding down. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

That’s great that Ruby is no worse for the wear. I’m glad about the antibiotic since it’s probably viral anyway and as long as she doesn’t get a secondary infection she should get over it.

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

P.s. I hope you enjoyed your bit of life!

5. Katherine&Ruby

Next time Ruby gets one of these URIs I'm going to refuse antibiotics. There's no reason why I should be throwing antibiotics at her if she doesn't need them and it will only create future resistance for when she does really need them.

It was glorious! After the week I had, I needed to break from routine and have a bit of fun!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Katherine&Ruby

Her primary vet suggested Covenia because injectibles bypass the GI system, but I said no because of the reasons you cite.

I suggested Veraflox to Ruby's oncologist when she had her urinary issue (turned out to be cystitis with no infection after a culture and bw were done) and the doctor said they didn't carry it at the pharmacy at AMC. Will keep Baytril and Zeniquin in mind for the future if she ever needs it for an actual infection!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Evening Katherine, headbutts and purrs are great. I'm glad to hear she's eating up a storm as you noted in your SS. Not bad numbers at all.
    Did you happen to call Orkin.
    I hope you all have a good night :bighug::bighug::cat:

8. Katherine&Ruby

I got busy today running errands, laundering clothes and vacuuming up fleas. :rolleyes: Honestly, Diane, I didn't feel like getting my blood pressure up and yelling at people on my day off from work. I will do it tomorrow. I found another local exterminator in Union City who gets great Yelp reviews and I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to come later this week. Will have to board the kitties again but I'm hoping to get a dedicated appointment time, not this 4 hour window BS, and the saga will be over and done with. I did see ONE flea jumping around on the bed today, but that was the worst of it.

9. Katherine&Ruby

They're not bad numbers considering Ruby's still kind of sick and her eye is still red and squinted. Maybe she will get better tomorrow. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I thought you had Wednesday's off. I'm glad you found another exterminator, hate that you have to board the kitties again. You have to be exhausted from all the washing and vacuuming. I hope Ruby will start to feel better.Did they say she had the herpes virus like Tyler did when he had his URI

11. Katherine&Ruby

Wednesdays I worked from home but that was only during the summer. My normal hours are Tues - Sat. The vet didn't say what she had.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.