9/3 Alice AMPS 228 +6.6 341 good appetite! :) PMPS HI

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Sep 3, 2020.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...4-3-301-9-5-98-pmps-173-2-184-5-3-203.234522/

Today she took her 100mLs subq like a champ, and she has been hungry and happy to eat today!! No bowel movement yet, I’m a little concerned for that. Continuing with all meds and supplements. She has had about 75% of this can of ziwi since start of PM cycle, I’m pleased, she needs to eat about 1 can a day for maintenance/slight gain.
    A friend is sending us some of the aluminum hydroxide powder so we can switch next week to that instead of the Maalox which tastes gross to her. :)

C6814511-DBA8-47A7-A03A-EA1FB7234AF5.jpeg

Oh! Also now that she is eating more, I am thinking about maybe needing to go back up to 0.5u? Thoughts appreciated.

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great update for Alice. She looks good in the picture. I'd see what her numbers are tomorrow before deciding about the dose. She's being bouncy right now.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  3. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

PMPS was just plain HI. Big old ugly yelling HI.

Is it bad sometimes to just give her ears a break for a night when she starts out this way? I know I could be collecting data by testing again but I also know she isn’t going to hypo. She’s eating, and her sugar is over 500. She has been poked and prodded and had many oral medications forced upon her and her having only one testing ear.... anyway. If it’s bad to skip additional tests under the circumstances, tell me. I want to think it’s okay. :p

I’m still waiting for a bowel movement. How long do you wait? With her history and the phosphorous binder added now, I just don’t want anymore anorexia/hypokalemia. That’s what will kill her, right now.

Also, I think I should increase the dose back to 0.5U. I might in the AM if she’s still over 200 or so.

We are so close to finishing a whole can of ziwi again. It gets to the last 5% or so and I’m trying to meet that goal. She doesn’t know there’s a goal. :arghh:

Seriously though at the start of the week she was looking half dead and at least now she is more herself again, gained a slight pinch of fat back on her spine, taking her fluids okay....

Sometimes once it gets late at night I just ramble about her. Oops. I spend all day thinking Alice, Alice, Alice.....

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I always get one more test after PMPS just to check. Then if Furball's numbers are still high I quit testing and give her a break. It's fine to do that.

I don't know about the poop. If she still hasn't had any by morning, I'd put constipation ? in your subject line.

I'd wait and see if she gets back to green after clearing the bounce before increasing the dose.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.