9/5 Oberon AMPS 372, +3.5 363, +6 358, PMPS 356, +3 356, +5.25 346

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

yesterday: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-355-3-308-6-289-8-315-pmps-354-3-372.234613/

Bumped up to 2.75 U this morning. He's being Mr. Crankypants so we didn't get a +10 earlier and did the +3 later than planned, but he's still staying in the pink so it doesn't really matter.

Out of curiosity (I don't have a lot of specific data on this yet for Oberon), how much of a BG bump do cats typically get after a meal, and for how long? Obviously it will vary depending on the cat and the food and the amount and all that, but for a typical LC meal (FF classic pate) what might the effect be? Oberon grazes constantly so I think I need to pay more attention to it.

2. Lisa & Oberon

Staying in the pink all day... wonder if he'll come down tonight.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How much of a food bump really does depend on how carb sensitive the cat is, the car% of the food you feed, and how much you feed. Apparently Jill's very carb sensitive cat got a food bump from freeze dried chicken! My girl went up around 30-40 points from her preshot mail meal of raw. Carbs will wear off after a couple hours - which is why when people feed HC when kitty is low, we tell them to keep testing a couple hours to make sure the numbers don't come down when the carbs wear off. If Oberon is a grazer, don't worry about it - that's perfectly fine. Just make sure his weight is where you want to be, and adjust based on how that changes. Regulation is finding the balance between insulin and food. Perhaps this post by Jill will help.

Might see some New Dose Wonkiness tonight, or not. :cat: rule.

4. Lisa & Oberon

Thanks! Oberon's weight still needs to come up a pound or so, so I pretty much feed him on demand unless it's within about 2 hours of his insulin dose. Not that I really have to worry about the preshot value being too low right now! I may start to try to track how much he's eating, though with four cats it's tricky. (OK, really three since Ariel the scaredy cat eats on her own in the bedroom.)

5. Lisa & Oberon

Hey Oberon, tight regulation doesn't mean you keep your BG between 350 and 370!

Butters & Lyla likes this.