Kitty who had dental at Red Bank?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Purrberry, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Purrberry

Purrberry Member

I haven't been able to check in too much with the forum lately, but I did see a post the other day about a kitty who was going in for a specialized dental at Red Bank. I can't seem to find any updates, and that worries me. Would anyone have any more information?

As for Fred, he's just all over the place and it's my fault. I've had to do too much travel, and his dose has been constantly fiddled with. I feel terrible about it...I never know what to do when I'm away.

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Fred and poor you. What is Red Bank and why are you worried? I'm sorry you are having to travel so much but it does sound like you have a reliable pet sitter. Hopefully, someone more experienced will come along and offer some suggestions for you, Kathleen. It is good to see you back!

Kathy and tiger likes this.
  3. Purrberry

Purrberry Member

Sorry, Summer. Red Bank is a large specialty hospital here in NJ. It's considered one of the best around. I am concerned that all mention of the kitty and the dental seems to have been deleted, so I fear the outcome. I just hate to think of it.

Hope you and Susie are doing well!

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Where did you read about the kitty getting the dental at Red Bank? Was it here on this site? I hope kitty was okay.

5. Purrberry

Purrberry Member

Yes, it was here in the Lantus forum. I hope so, too!

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hi Kathleen. I had been missing posts from you. It's good to see you here on the forum!

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Also, is Fred okay? I see your notes and they are concerning -- about him not being himself... hiding under bed, etc. What else is going on with him?

8. Suzanne & Darcy

Do you remember the name of the kitty or CG who was having the dental?

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  9. Purrberry

Purrberry Member

Unfortunately, no. I feel like it was Steve or Stevie. But I can't find hide nor hair of it.

Thanks for thinking of Fred! I haven't been on because I've been traveling, and that has impacted two things...my time to be here, and my knowledge that Fred's spreadsheet is just a mess. I'm actually embarrassed by it. :( His dosing is all over the place both because of trying to find a safe travel dose, and because the Levemir is taking him to some crazy places. It's been hard to have any picture of consistency (again, my fault), but what I've been seeing is that the same dose will take him from nearly hypo or earning a reduction, to leaving him resistant for 3 days while he bounces. So I literally have like NO idea of what to do half the time. At first, it really seemed like the Lev was better able to cut through the bounces, but that seems to have tapered off. Or, it could be that he's gotten resistant because of me purposely leaving him in higher numbers for travel. On the days it is "effective", it's like, BAM!! He plummets. It hits him super hard. I'm terrified of it happening overnight. But it also doesn't really seem to have the staying power I anticipated. I am happy that there seems to be more of a "curve" than there ever was on Lantus. There are no random blues showing up at shot time. But the trouble then is, the later onset leaves him in higher numbers for a longer period of time, which sucks.

As a result, I think Fred is really feeling it. He's sick of all this; I'm sick of all of this. As I said to my DH, I've never worked so hard at something for so long only to continually fail. The longer he stays like this, the worse he is going to feel, and I feel so helpless and useless. It breaks my heart to see this incredibly loving cat spend his days under the bed, feeling like crap. The only time the "old" Fred emerges is in the mornings and evenings...as the insulin wears off.

Yesterday was what I not so affectionately call PTSD...Pussycats To Shore Day. Fred is..how shall I say...not a good traveler? Which is kind of like saying the surface of the sun is a little warm. :rolleyes: But we made it thank God, and now that we are here and I don't have anyone to sit for them even if I wanted to leave, I hope we can get back on track. (not that we were ever really ON track!)

Thank you @Suzanne & Darcy again for thinking of us. I think of you often, and so hope you are feeling a little better as each day goes by. I know they leave holes in our hearts and lives that can never be filled. :bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  10. NyCatMom

NyCatMom Member

The red bank dental post is in the group Facebook page. The cats name is Steve. The date is July 6.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Check out post #10 here and post #5 here. @Dyana is occasionally on. I found another post 10 years old so not sure it's any longer valid.

As for Fred, I hope you can do some consistent dosing for you. A tip for you, when he goes into greens or low blues, he bounces. So even if the preshot after that is lower than you are used to, I'd shoot the full dose.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  12. Summer and Susie (GA)

I see three different Feline Diabetes Facebook sites. Can you please provide me the link to this groups Facebook page as I am not sure which one it is. I would like to join. Thank you.

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

14. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks so much.

Dyana likes this.
  15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Here is my thread of when J.D. went to Red Bank in Tinton Falls for his dental.

16. NyCatMom

NyCatMom Member

17. Purrberry

Purrberry Member

God, I'm such an idiot! Thank you, @NyCatMom for finding what I was talking about!

NyCatMom likes this.
  18. Summer and Susie (GA)

19. Suzanne & Darcy

I can’t tell if the kitty made it or not. The owners name is Linda Goodrich.

20. Suzanne & Darcy

I can see you are down about it. I’m so sorry. Don’t give up. I’m sure there is an answer here for Fred. This board is the place to be for that. I hope you enjoy your time away and are able to be more consistent with Fred’s dosing if he is with you? How long will you be at the shore? Hugs! You are not a failure!

21. Purrberry

Purrberry Member

@Suzanne & Darcy You're so sweet...thank you! I sure hope so. I have been down about it.

We're here at the shore for the duration of summer...usually until right after Labor Day. (early Sept) I'm desperate to find a petsitter here because I do need to go back home occasionally to check on things...and see my husband. ;-) But for the most part, it's the cats and me! I hope the consistency will get him on track.

Thank you again for your kind words, and for staying on the board and looking after us all!

22. NyCatMom

NyCatMom Member

If you read the comments on the Facebook post , youll be happy to see that Steve the dental kitty is doing great. The owner posted a few updates in the comments.

Purrberry likes this.