? Mimi 10/24 AMPS 263 +4 99 +6 60 +7 68 - PMPS 61 with 50s thru night- +10 @54??

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

2. Mimis mom

Im here to monitor- I only have one can of HC left- I have Karo syrup. I can also run out and buy more HC food.
    I usually make MC by mixing the HC with her regular LC which she has plenty of.

@Wendy&Neko

@Sienne and Gabby (GA)

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You can shoot 50 or over with TR. I never felt safe with just one can of hc.

4. Mimis mom

I know you can over 50 I was wondering full dose?
    I mean she had some greens today

5. tiffmaxee

Yes. Full dose with TR.

6. Mimis mom

ok. just did - going to get some more HC now at the market . shes super hungry- her regular food isn't cutting it. should I start with some HC now or will that affect her cycle too much? I know in the past Ive been told to be proactive and give her some HC but then I might not have known if she would have gone below 50 or 40 on her own.

7. tiffmaxee

No. Start with lc, maybe around 9%. Save the hc for later if needed. Get a +1 and +2.

8. Mimis mom

+1.5 63

9. tiffmaxee

No food bump. Give a little mc.

10. tiffmaxee

Test an hour from your last test. Did you feed the mc?

11. Mimis mom

No I didn’t feed MC- I got a +4 @59 and fed LC,
    Should I do MC or wait? How am I going to know if she earns a Reduction if I intervene with MC?

12. tiffmaxee

She’s surfing fine with lc. When they need a reduction they earn it even if you give them mc though. You do need to give hc if she’s in the 40’s though.

13. Mimis mom

So even with MC she can drop below 40?

What will bring her up then- only HC? I don’t want her to go hypo either.

14. Mimis mom

+5 57

Ate @+4

it’s weird but also good she’s not dropping below 50- she seems to have stayed at this number all day.
    Do you think because she’s long term her body knows how to handle itself better?

15. Mimis mom

I want to know what will be a real number drop not a food influenced one. I’ve heard a few say it will drop without the affect of food-
    If that’s true how do I bring her into safe numbers if it’s not with food? Does that make sense?

16. Mimis mom

I just fed her some more LC. Should I add some medium or high into it so I can go to sleep? Lol. It’s almost the nadir - well that’s if her nadir is going to happen at +6. I was told recently that nadirs can be different every cycle? Is there a way we can figure out when that will be or is it just better to assume it’s in the +6 hour so we don’t make ourselves nuts lol

17. Mimis mom

+10 @ 54!

Awoke to the sound of puke., hair ball no food. Weird cause I started giving her some petroleum on her paw to help prevent hairballs (and brushing more) because she pukes a hairball a week and it didn’t seem to do anything..

So I panicked- and gave her a teaspoon of HC. Now I realized that could affect her BG pre shot…
    She threw up a bunch of food yesterday morning (so the 24ths AM cycle) because I think she ate too fast so when I heard the puke sound again I got nervous and worried. Also woken out of a dead sleep so my panic mode went on.

What’s weird is she’s still a shootable number. Why do we think is she spending so much time in the 50s these last 12+ hours?

@Wendy&Neko

18. Mimis mom

AMPS 96 +3 130

I’ll make a new condo